No announcement yet.

DriveClub [PS4] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm about halfway and my interest is fading, the issues just become more pronounced the further in you get. Not sure how much longer I'll stick with it

Comment

Which issues CTN? take it you mean offline play?

Have people been able to get online everytime they try yet?

Comment

I ended up selling mine- got boring very quickly and after a few hours play, comes across more of a demo, than a full game.

Comment

The further you get in the tighter the track requirements get which works counter to the way the game is set up. Last night I repeatedly missed a timed star because the AI would ram me with four cars which gave me a collision penalty or bounced me off track for a track penalty. It's like the game penalises you for not driving in sync with the AI drivers which is daft. If they'd eased on the AI the penalties wouldn't be an issue, or vice versa, sadly they've kept all of it to create a perfect storm which sucks the fun out of it. I miss Horizon lol. At the moment my finger would be hovering over the 5/10 button, its not without any merit but there are countless better racers.

Comment

Think your last sentence sums it up, being very similar and released at the same time as Forza Horizon 2 was always going to be up against it and FH2 seems better in every way.

Article over on pushsquare.com about DC being possibly the first in house Sony franchise that hasn't hit the mark, which I suppose is pretty true.

Comment

I must admit to not getting much enjoyment from the main single player game at the moment. The AI definity does the game no favours.

I am still doing Time Trials to learn the tracks! I like the mini challenges you get on certain corners after a few laps. On the short Chile Road Circuit I was somewhat surprised to hit #1 in the World for that car/track combination for my time. Admittedly it was out of 39 people who had tried it! I was in the A1.

Comment

Yeah, the AI effectively made some of the challenges impossible later on if you had any other cars anywhere near you. I eventually went for a tactic where i'd play through first and win the race, or meet the top 3 requirements. And then on certain hot lap / corner line / drift challenges, I'd literally just go back and wait for the other cars to get ahead, then try the challenge.

Completely defied the whole point of the challenges, but was the only way of doing some of them without being spun off the track by a twat behind you.

I really enjoyed the single player i must admit. But it's ridiculously short.

Comment

i had a quick rip on PGR 4 last night and it pretty much beats Driveclub on almost everything.....

Comment

When I saw PGR4 running again at PlayExpo I surprised by just how good it still looks, brilliantly and wasted series

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      When I saw PGR4 running again at PlayExpo I surprised by just how good it still looks, brilliantly and wasted series
                      Agreed; it plays, looks and sounds like a dream too

Comment

criminal how Microsoft failed to market PGR4 in any way shape or form, as soon as Forza came along it was dropped which is a real shame as i have fond memory's of the early days of xbox 360 and PGR2's online racing

Anyway back on topic, so they have fixed drive clubs online side, so wheres the bloddy ps+ version, at this rate we will be playing next months indie game's before this lands.
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 24-10-2014, 14:18.

Comment

Who said it was fixed? still lots of problems with connections I read as of last night.
                          Adding millions of PS+ players is going to add more woe so don't hold your breath Iwaiting for it I would say.

Comment

oh i thought a few on here said it was all sorted my mistake

Comment

Nah no matter what their Facebook page says its still dump. Granted it will connect reliably enough now so you can earn points for your club, but thats about it. Joining an online race is still pot luck (well at least for me), and challenges are still disabled.

Comment

Would say it's half fixed. Still a fair way to go.

They could have released the PS+ version as offline only for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X