No announcement yet.

DriveClub [PS4] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone still playing this "dump", there's an available spot in the Bordersdown club.

Comment

Cool yeah, just picked it up...

Comment

Just missing *that* star now... 1.3 seconds behind seems like an eternity on that lap :/

Comment

Hope you don't mind but I spotted a spare spot in the club today and nabbed it.

Comment

Welcome to the club

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo2 View Post
              Just missing *that* star now... 1.3 seconds behind seems like an eternity on that lap :/
              Is this the venom hot lap by any chance?

Comment

I was playing the single player this weekend, and noticed there are loads more mini social challenges popping up now during races whereby you have to beat someone's average speed through a section, or out drift them etc. It shows the racing line they took as well. I do think thats really cool feature. There was an odd one though whereby someone had apparently average 5000mph through a bend which I obviously couldn't beat.

Comment

There still seems to be issues with the Servers. I was getting the "pop-up" challenges last night as I was Time Trialling. In most cases they disappeared before I completed the corner they appeared on. "internally" I got Bordersdown 2 Club up to Level 12, though the Servers were still saying Level 11. I hope that is rectified when I go into the game briefly in a few minutes.

I was somewhat surprised to see Official Playstation Magazine give this an 8/10 score. I rated it 7/10 in the poll which, with the Server problems is probably generous.

Comment

Dave heats: What else... 0.3 seconds behind now, but still

Comment

.169 for the love of God!

Comment

I'd say you'll beat it next time you try in then mate in that case. I remember going almost fully mental trying it, couldn't do it, had a break and then smashed it on my first attempt.

How's the online side of things holding up for you guys now? Is everything now functioning and connecting ok?

Comment

Finally! 1:15.539 goodriddance! And a few laps before I managed a lap just .079 over 1:16.

Online seems unchanged for the last week, more up than down, but still no challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats View Post
                            I'd say you'll beat it next time you try in then mate in that case. I remember going almost fully mental trying it, couldn't do it, had a break and then smashed it on my first attempt.

How's the online side of things holding up for you guys now? Is everything now functioning and connecting ok?
                            I connect pretty reliably now, but its still pretty unstable. I still don't waste my time with multiplayer races. Loads of pop up challenges appear, but 50% of them are corrupt (i.e nearly every average speed limit challenge is something ridiculous like 2000mph). Its a shame really because if all of that had worked from day one its a really cool little feature.

I still really like the game though, and don't regret the purchase. My biggest gripe is the AI, its terrible. Some of the lap time challenges are mega frustrating due to the rubber band nature of it. I find you have to spend the 1st two laps clattering your way to 1st place to have a decent stab at the time challenge on the 3rd lap. Its pointless holding back because no matter how long you wait you can catch everyone up in less than half a lap. I was holding back and going really slowly to obtain a clean lap star, and as soon as I put my foot down I caught everyone straight back up.

My favourite races are the rolling starts where you blast round on your own to beat the times. They are excellent, and the sense of speed is fantastic.

What worries me about all these online troubles is it delays the patch that will add stuff like dynamic weather.

Comment

Still losing challenges before reaching the end of their sector. It seemed better when I first got the game.

Bordersdown 2 is now Level 13... I completed the first batch of races and did the Rookie Trophy series. I thought Forza AI was bad but this games bunch has it beaten!

Comment

It depends how you look at the AI. If you look at it like the majority of online players then its a marvellous feat, if you want them to have half a brain its a clusterf**k that makes you want to smash your pad into a million pieces.

Comment

Working...
                                X