Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completely agree with the above.

Comment

After playing fighters for so many years I still think of VF4 as the best I've ever played. I'm always interested in what the high level players who play across a range of fighters think too and several of them also put the VF4 games at the top like Ryan Hart and Fuudo among others. The latest one VF5FS was a disappointment in comparison. My next favourite would be KOF 2002UM which I got into late but was lucky enough to find some local competition for and had a lot of fun playing.

I don't rate the SC series as highly as those but I did really like the first one. It's got more to it than people give it credit for.

Comment

Out of interest, why did you find Virtua Fighter 5 a disappointment after 4?

I was never an expert at either, but from what I played, VF5 didn't seem as different to 4 as 4 was to 3. Were you a particular fan of some of the fighters who changed dramatically? (like didn't Vanessa totally change, or someone else?)

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Out of interest, why did you find Virtua Fighter 5 a disappointment after 4?

I was never an expert at either, but from what I played, VF5 didn't seem as different to 4 as 4 was to 3. Were you a particular fan of some of the fighters who changed dramatically? (like didn't Vanessa totally change, or someone else?)
          It wasn't VF5 so much as VF5:FS. Yes VF3 is dramatically different to the other VF games rather like the way SF3 is also very different in it's series.

With VF5 it's certain technical things. I quite liked some of the new elements and disliked others like increased emphasis on fuzzy guard, 0 frame throws and slower less sophisticated movement. With VF5:FS they really simplified the throw system, changed the risk reward ratio, reduced the movesets and I really dislike the way movement is now. VF4 had the most amazing advanced movement system once you got adjusted to it.

Comment

I agree that mid era SF2/MK was the height of the uk fighting scene and rose up again during the up most hype of the SF4.

Joe bloggs doesnt get excited for a new VF or even Tekken anymore.

Anyway, SC on the DC. Gosh, such memories. Discovering the DC and then discovering what an amazing port Namco did esp when you compare it to the arcade which was basic as hell. It was more than spit and polish it was basically a complete overhaul. I cant think of any other example of a coinop being completely remastered for the home release with **** loads of bells and whistles. Its criminal the game didnt sell better, certainly the numbers werent low for DC owners. Almost everyone who had a DC most likely had a copy, even if you didnt like beat em ups it was just THE game you showed the system off to new people (and later Shenmue) The problem was there were not enough DC owners

I remember getting excited by the Eminiem tune Hellbound which sampled an SC track, I was like I KNOW THAT GAME!

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy View Post
              Its not you know.
              SC is clearly the don of the series and probably hasn't been bettered yet by any other game in the genre.
              Graphics. If SC was a direct arcade port, it wouldn't get anywhere near the love. It's too cheap to play.

VF4 Evo all day long.

Comment

Working...
              X