Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What game would you play if your life depended on your ability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powerstone for me!

Comment

Devil May Cry 1 for me. I still rinse it once a year, though I'm not as good as I used to be. Love that game!

Comment

If Saurian was here, he'd have quite a big list to save his life! Another chap with mean gaming skills is Mayhem.

Comment

GB Tetris, power strike on SMS. SF2 on megadrive.. Erm nothing 'modern'

Comment

Cosmic Smash on Dreamcast. Finish most amount of levels possible, not drop the ball at all, finish with a power smash at the end of the level. (Never managed to finish with a different power smash at the end of each level - that's nuts play and beyond me.)

Other than that? I got mad Street Fighter 2 skills.

Comment

F Zero X - I was unbeaten at local multiplayer and had times on par with the top ones in N64 Mag

Comment

Probably Impossible Mission or Dropzone... two games I know practically inside out.

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                Another chap with mean gaming skills is Mayhem.
                I'm good, but I'm not THAT good
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Probably Impossible Mission or Dropzone... two games I know practically inside out.

I'm good, but I'm not THAT good
                  Modest chap too

Comment

Probably play it safe and say Super Mario Land 2.

Comment

Soldier Blade on PC-Engine, god knows I've had the practice. I think it took me about twenty years to one life clear it though.

Comment

I would match the world record speed run in Sonic: Green Hill zone 1.

Comment

Capcom vs SNK 2, back in 2002 was pretty decent in the arcades. These days cant get anywhere near Shin Akuma.

Comment

Bomb Jack maybe. Or Yie Ar King-Fu on the Spectrum. I used to be able to loop that indefinitely.

Comment

Not sure about now but back in the day it was ISS Pro 98 on the PS1. I swear i became so ridiculously good i could beat most seasoned ISS Pro players 5 or 6-0. In fact i'm convinced i could of beaten anyone on the planet at it.

Sega Rally would have been another i became very skilled at.

Daytona USA 1 & 2 i spent a small bomb on in Segapark Bournemouth and Segaworld in the Trocadero in London back in the 90s and became fantastic at both to the point where i felt i could beat any person i raced.

Nights Into Dreams was another i became fantastic at and even to this day my overall level score for a few of the levels are top 5 on the NiDscores.com website.

Tomb Raider 1 is a game i know like the back of my hand. I could finish the game without using a medi pack of any kind and getting every pickup and every secret on every level whilst killing every enemy whilst only using pistols and no other weapon ever.

SSX Tricky on quite a few of the levels i became insanely good at. I once played/practiced on the Pipedream level for 12 hours straight without a break and really trying/pushing hard. I think i managed an overall score of around 2.5m or just below but that was over 10 years ago. I also remember getting way over 2m on Elysium Alps. God i miss that game.

Super Monkey ball i mastered and could do all the levels including the master levels and extra's and without semi cheating as in getting a semi lucky bounce of a piece of the level.

Watching Saurian play Viewtiful Joe will introduce you to a new meaning of the phrase mastered!!!
                              Last edited by Sam The Man; 10-10-2014, 15:21.

Comment

I'm pretty handy with Dr. Mario but most likely I'd just give up and accept my death considering...

- I'm a girl.
                                - I was born in 1990 / Didn't start gaming until 2010/11.
                                - I'm pretty insecure and competition stresses me out too much.

Saying that, I could kick your average gamer's ass at Street Fighter 4 or 3rd Strike (probably not many of you guys though) and I have 100%'d Super Mario World and all the Wii/Wii U Super Mario without any problem (only noting that as people say the last levels of Super Mario 3D World are pretty infernal, didn't think so myself really)
                                Last edited by Pikate; 10-10-2014, 10:45.

Comment

Working...
                                X