This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
    I was referring to the dozen or so articles I've seen like this: http://kotaku.com/mario-kart-8s-onli...ier-1641776460
    I'd hardly consider some Kotaku writer's one night experiences as proof of anything really. Just some hastily put together "quality" video game "journalism" without research or anything, just personal opinions.

and anyone who wants to play that kind of thing is probably already engrained in COD/Battlefield communities on XBL/PSN/PC so it'll be a novelty that lasts until a bigger Wii U games comes along at best.
    You really think that Splatoon is aimed at the same audience as Call of Duty or Battlefield? That's a bit far fetched.

As for the release date, if you believe a loose "First Half 2015" from Nintendo doesn't mean Oct/Nov then I question where you've been for the past few years. As mentioned Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was once supposed to be Spring 2014 but currently has no confirmed date. Before that Mario Kart 8 was "Q1", then "April" and eventually came the last day of May. Before that DKC: Tropical Freeze was Nov 2013 and came Feb 2014. Captain Toad has just been delayed too... I could go on but yeah, forgive me for using evidence to make a judgement.
    Sometimes video games get pushed back, everyone knows it. That however doesn't mean Splatoon is "at least 12 months away" as you stated like it's a fact.
    Last edited by Guts; 06-10-2014, 14:30.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      I could be wrong of course, but they showed other things that hadn't even begun development proper, like Starfox and Zelda, so it's probably a long ways off if there even continuing with its dev.
      You are quite wrong. Zelda has been in development for a few years at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
        You are quite wrong. Zelda has been in development for a few years at least.
        Honestly, I doubt that. If it was in dev for any sort of time they would of showed some gameplay at least, not a cg movie. As for Starfox, look at miyamotos face, he looks like he's seeing it for the first time as well.

Comment

I'd hardly consider some Kotaku writer's one night experiences as proof of anything really. Just some hastily put together "quality" video game "journalism" without research or anything, just personal opinions
          it's observations, not personal opinion he's not the only one either to complain about it either, he played some game struggled to get a match when he hadn't before and wrote about it how is that an opinion. Maybe try injecting a bit of objectivity into your posts, and a little less hostility and we can make this thread a friendly place.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Honestly, I doubt that. If it was in dev for any sort of time they would have showed some gameplay at least, not a cg movie. As for Starfox, look at miyamotos face, he looks like he's seeing it for the first time as well.
            It's not a "CG movie", it's actual gameplay footage that starts from the "open world".

And Aonuma said in January 2013 that the new Zelda is in development, but what ever, I'm sure you know better than him.

Comment

I'll be mighty pissed if Zelda doesn't hit next year. Not that I am prepared to hold my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                it's observations, not personal opinion he's not the only one either to complain about it either, he played some game struggled to get a match when he hadn't before and wrote about it how is that an opinion. Maybe try injecting a bit of objectivity into your posts, and a little less hostility and we can make this thread a friendly place.
                It's a piece of pointless "journalism" and that's what it is. Slow clicks-day probably at Kotaku.

Here're my personal observations BTW:

-I put on Mario Kart 8
                -Got to a game with 9 other people (total of 10) on my first try
                -Proceeded to dominate the race (even when struck by a Blue Shell and some Reds after that)
                -I had fun
                -Kotaku is ****
                Last edited by Guts; 06-10-2014, 15:19.

Comment

I'm still finding plenty of people to play on Mariokart but agree that the lack of voice chat is really frustrating.
                  Not knocking the Wii U or Mariokart though it's easily my most played game and hence console, these last few months. I've got 2 other real life pals with a Wii U and we hardly play online together because you can't smack talk when you throw a banana on their head.

Comment

It's not a "CG movie", it's actual gameplay footage that starts from the "open world".

And Aonuma said in January 2013 that the new Zelda is in development, but what ever, I'm sure you know better than him.
                    Come on, there was nothing in game about that trailer. People honestly expect the game to look like that on release? Could the ps4 or xbone even process that amount of fidelity? Take shadows of mordor for an example that's just come out, absolutely no way near that Zelda trailer and the wiiu has a lot less grunt.

I don't know better than the director no, obviously. However, I also don't have any expectant share holders that expect certain things to be announced and said ect.

All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up, your likely to be very disappointed. I'm not trying to be beligerant or a dick either, so appogies if it seems that way.
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 06-10-2014, 15:40.

Comment

It's a piece of pointless "journalism" and that's what it is. Slow clicks-day probably at Kotaku.

Here're my personal observations BTW:

-I put on Mario Kart 8
                      -Got to a game with 9 other people (total of 10) on my first try
                      -Proceeded to dominate the race (even when struck by a Blue Shell and some Reds after that)
                      -I had fun
                      -Kotaku is ****
                      NICE LIST!!! can i add to it?

? Ace at games (like a boss)
                      - poop rainbows (like a boss)
                      - getting angry (like a boss)
                      - forum posts (like a boss)
                      - cry deeply (like a boss)
                      - Turn into a jet (like a boss)
                      - Crash in to the sun (like a boss)

got to love the lonely island

Comment

Shadows of Mordor is a PS3/360 game. What's your point? Nintendo's games look marvelous on the Wii U, having fantastic art style also helps. Wind Waker HD is one of the best looking games I've ever played and I'm totally serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                          NICE LIST!!! can i add to it?

– Ace at games (like a boss)
                          - poop rainbows (like a boss)
                          - getting angry (like a boss)
                          - forum posts (like a boss)
                          - cry deeply (like a boss)
                          - Turn into a jet (like a boss)
                          - Crash in to the sun (like a boss)

got to love the lonely island
                          Seems to me like you're the one getting angry and a bit emo here.

Comment

Shame the PS4/other threads lack the passion we seem to have with the "marmite" WiiU.

Comment

How many more nintendo games do you think we will see in the wiiu's life span; 5-6?

Comment

Other than those already announced? A few more. We've not had a Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, or Animal Crossing yet.[/playing into the sequel trap]

Comment

Working...
                                X