No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Curtain Call review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button controls are actually impossible to use in FMS stages. Quite often you'll have a green line which swoops downwards and then there's an up arrow at the end of it. Because you're holding down to get to the end of the line, it takes that as your input for the arrow just before it gets to it and you'll register BAD a whole load of times. I haven't found any way around it at all.

Comment

What's the best way to pull off diagonals? It may be because I'm flicking in the direction as opposed to dragging, but because of how fast the higher difficulty gets, there's not really much time to devote to more than a quick flick

Comment

I've never had a maaaaassive amount of trouble doing diagonals. I think the game's quite lenient in that if you swipe up instead of up-left it'll give you a GOOD still rather than killing your chain.

As for pulling them off easier, it's probably something as simple as adjusting the way you hold the DS so that flicking in those directions is easier to do. It's always going to be difficult at high speeds if a few arrows come thick and fast, that's where knowing that sequence by heart instead of reacting to what's on screen will be helpful. Practice

Comment

I can't say for sure what might help but one thing to watch for (which I found myself doing) is curving the flicks. They need to be nice and straight. Because I rest my hand on the right of my DS, I noticed many of my diagonals were actually curving because my hand was basically an anchor point. So maybe just try to be really deliberate on the directions.

Comment

Just loving this, the only gripe I have is the (apparent) inability to create multiple parties. In order to maximise scores, item drops etc…I have 2 preferred parties, and having to constantly change the characters is a mild annoyance. For the record, my set-up so far is:

FMS - Rikku, Locke, Zidane and Serah
            BMS - Cloud, Zack, Auron and Cecil
            EMS I typically have Vaan in place due to his massive Luck rating

Am not doing any quest medleys other than short ones TBH, as they just take too long to get to the shards. Only stumbled across this the other day, but if you fail one you get a new map about 10 levels lower, so I have been grinding some mid-level maps to get shards and avoid ultimate songs.

Comment

You can also use a level-down nut, that means the map you win at the end of your current quest will be a level one map.

I'm using Rikku as my leader in FMS too, she's a beast. I've given her abilities to increase her agility and go faster, as well as one that restores HP for every "good" or above hit. I'm basically invincible and running way over 10k every stage! I haven't bothered with separate parties for BMS, even though I should. I'm just building a jack-of-all-trades team because I wanted to shoe-horn Fran into it and she's a decent leader for FMS but not as good as Rikku is, but she's only kinda useful in BMS.

I haven't even played an EMS stage yet.

Comment

What abilities have you given her? I'm topping 10k on expert songs, but not going much over it. I've been spamming luck and the sight ability on the other party members as well, so am routinely getting fat chocobo's and 2 moogles each FMS too

Comment

Move HP Up restores HP, and then Lv2 and Lv3 Wind Rhapsody skills to increase her agility to godly levels in FMS stages. Haste Lv3 increases the distance you cover when at top speed. I replaced Lv2 Wind Rhapsody with Vigilance so if I missed a note, Rikku wasn't switched out and so I wouldn't be stuck with someone slower. If you want Vigilance and HP isn't an issue then obviously take Move HP Up out instead.

Comment

I added Zack to the FMS party too and loaded up his stamina enhancements to support Rikku, so am regularly now topping 13000 on maps. Set myself the goal of unlocking all characters, and now stuck looking for maps with specific shards - mainly golden and turquoise ones missing. Are you guys interested in trading maps that you need? I haven't really looked into the online side of this, can u just trade/swap/share maps? If you guys add your online ids I can add you (am at work now so don't have my 3DS)

Comment

No, I don't think you can just swap maps. You can attach one map to your profile card. Then when you battle online, you get your opponent's profile card so you can play their quest. I have a bunch with turquoise but not all that many with gold, I think. I think I need mostly gold too, silver, white and black. I think...

Comment

I've got a few maps where bosses drop golden shards, but none where the shards are a reward. A few with turquoise and silver, though.

But yeah, it's pretty easy to get new maps. You do need to battle people online but it's really fun and you'll get the map whether you win or lose. Some of the maps are crazy. I've got an amazing long one with fat chocobos on every space and a boss who drops EXP UP III. It's all ultimate level, but it's almost entirely FMS stages so it's quite easy with a few HP restoring skills, and you can level up characters from 1 to about 80 or something in a single run through with Rikku leading.

3196-3494-6739 is my friend code.

Comment

NA are getting more DLC to tomorrow - http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...y_curtain_call The Bravely Default tracks plus a few more. Chrono Trigger, awesome. Still no FFTA though. I wonder if we'll get this too.

Comment

That Chrono Trigger song is so good, getting that!

I've played this game quite a lot, now. I have 130,000 rhythmia

Game of the Year.

Comment

Yeah, I got the Chrono Trigger track and a couple of others. Apparently we're getting more in January too.

Comment

So excited to have got XIV Ultima and Meridian Dance this morning. So gooooood.

Comment

Working...
                                X