FIFA 15 (All the formats) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIFA 15 (All the formats) review

Been playing this on PS4. After playing the demo I was looking forward to this. However, for some strange reason it doesn't seem as polished

It's a bit slower, which is good, because it was too fast in my opinion (still maybe a tad too fast for my liking). At the moment, I'm fairly underwhelmed by this version. Not sure what I was expecting, but it really doesn't have any real improvements on last year's. If anything I'm finding it a bit of a regression. Little gameplay changes that I initially felt appreciative of are starting to feel a bit like exploits. I seem to be able to shoot from way out and find the goalie way of his line. Whilst not a 100% guaranteed, you can get a goal or at least make the goalie scramble to a save, leading to a corner. Also, the finesse shot, whilst the visual feedback i.e. trajectory looks great, they seem to beat the goalie quite a fair bit.

One thing that annoyed me the most whilst playing online co-op last night, is the refs. They don't seem to know how to let the game play-on after a foul if the ball lies in your advantage. Instead, the whilst is blown and the freekick must be taken.

I still enjoy this, but these issues need to be looked at by EA for a future patch.

In other non-news, PES2015 is playing a great game (finally). Will keep my eye on that...
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Im actually seriuosly considering not buying this & sticking with '14

Played the demo the other day & hated it
    Just not as good as '14 at all in my opinion
    Looks nicer but the gameplay seems to be way behind
    The thing with the keepers is stupid, they seem to make errors far too often now & thats just not natural

Also have they removed the run modifier?
    I couldn't seem to find it in the controller options & I used to use that a lot to get setup for a through ball

This might be the first Fifa I skip since '10

Will try the PES demo now & just hope its better

Neil
    Last edited by Soundwave; 30-09-2014, 13:32.

Comment

Fifa 15 on PS3 is certainly not worse than 14. It's built virtually off last years game. No keeper changed, just tightened controls, better response and new animations. Few AI enhancements too.

PES has my interest though. If Japan are in, I'll buy it.

Comment

There's some major bugs in the code code and the commnetry isn't as good as last years for some reason .

Comment

Can anyone comment on the momentum system on fifa 15? In 13 it was very noticeable but you could cope with it, in fifa 14 it was way OTT and totally ruined the online/vs play for me.

Comment

Just downloading the Winning Eleven demo now, is anyone still actually playing it in the West?

Comment

Brazil, I believe. I'm looking forward to the full release for once in a long time.

To get back on topic, FIFA15 is still blowing hot and cold for me. So much that me and my mate call it Fume15. Coz we always find ourselves fuming over some silly glitch, be it stupid AI, refs, illusive momentum, over powered players. There are some great times but they're outweighed by the fume generating moments.

Comment

I've just picked this game up after years of not playing football games or being interested in football but I'm absolutely loving it.

When I was a kid I adored football and lived and breathed it. I supported Arsenal during the Dennis Bergkamp and David Seaman era, played it non stop at school and after school, collected stickers and adored mid field and goal keeping. However, I started to become less interested when I hit my early teens as the game became more aggressive and I found other interests. During this time I became a fat git and less enamoured with the lifestyles of footballers and the modern game.

But a few years ago I shed the weight, got fitter and took up running. With that I became more interested in physical sports and before I knew it, I had a kick about with my brother last summer and it awakened something in me. I started to become interested in football again.

I managed to win a copy of FIFA 15 this week (Thanks Charles!) and I now find myself thinking about how to play football again, the tactics needed, how you get the ball up the field and decent defending. The game looks almost photo realistic on PS4 and the controls feel simple but with a few multi select combinations that will come alive when I start to learn the intricacies of the modern game.

The only football games I played for any length of time for the past 2 decades were Pro Evo 2 and Pro Evo 3 on the PS2 & Xbox so the play style of FIFA 15 feels more like a real life match, than a game of old school Pro Evo. I started on the beginners difficulty and won 8-0 so moved it up 1 and won 3-0 and moved it up one final time last night and won 2-1 so have found my current sweet spot. It's a beautiful game and I'm looking forward to playing more of it.

Also, a very lucky goal from last night!

Comment

Working...
                X