No announcement yet.

PES 2015/Winning Eleven 2015 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the 360 version be any good? 2014 was a mess I thought.

Comment

PS4 is definitive version everything else will try to play the same (performance pending), and won't look as nice.

Love the shooting in this.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        Sadly not yet. Looks visually superb. Still seems to suffer badly in physical play. Hence a complete lack of fouls.
        Yes agree the physical play is the worst thing, something PES has never really done. But compared to PES 2014 what Konami have done with PES 2015 is better in every department. Here is hoping they get a physics engine in PES 2016

Comment

Yep. Even on PS3 it's leagues ahead of everything they have done in the HD era.

Comment

Is the demo for this out today?

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

PES 2015 (all them formats) review

I'm currently addicted to myClub. PES 2015's Ultimate Team rip-off. Konami go with a video game-y japanesey style though. So when you want new players you get them buy hoping for the best in a egg-toy machine fashion. I really like that random-ness!

On the pitch, I have to say PES is finally back after a long tour in FIFA's shadow. Matches feel like a battle now. The last few years it was almost all about hoping your opponent doesn't spam the through-ball button, because your defense would just crumble. Now you can enjoy that amazing AI they've been slowly building on and create some really special build-up play.

They've also robbed EA's Online Seasons, it's called Divisions here. I'm happy about that. There the only modes I've played so far, but so far so good!

PS4 version played.

Comment

It's pretty special so far (also on PS4). I've had some truly brilliant moments in almost every game I've played. The AI like you mentioned mate, is absolutely superb! Games accurately ebb and flow, mistakes are made just like in real life, and sometimes you're just blown away by the better teams. I found that once you notice the AI nearly always sends a runner for an overlap, you can easily go with the man and break their move down. Was getting dicked before i noticed that!

The only negative I've noticed is that passing is really hit and miss....quite often passes go nowhere near where they were supposed to. This may due to pass assistance however, so I'll certainly be lowering the level of that to see if it helps.

The presentation is still shocking, and the commentary is truly awful, but even that can't stop this from being brilliant. I just need to sort that passing issue out...

Comment

Don't forget your manual modifier on L2, Dave.

Comment

To be honest, I've been using the manual pass option more than auto due to the passing issue. It's occasionally been ludicrously off target with the auto pass.

Presumably the default pass assist setting is 3/5 (seem to remember it being out of 5 on previous we /pes), so i might knock it down to 2 and see if it helps. I think it's trying to be too helpful, and shafting me royally as a result.

Comment

You're right about the matches feeling fair in defeat. Usually in left fuming on PS3 PES or even the new FIFA (online - the amount of overhead through ball spammage is embarrassing).

I've been caught out by the passing like you describe, but I'm adjusting. I think there is less assistance. I'm still stuck in FIFA mode slightly where I play with the default pass assistance on. So where a pass would sneak past an opponent in the past, you really have to be mindful of your player's best foot and try to shift your body to accommodate. Unless you're a player who can pass with both feet accurately.

This was the PES way from PES 5.

The only thing that I'm unsure about and it may be coz I've only played online is that the window to change direction of a pass after I've pressed the button seems really short. This can lead to accidental passes going in the unintended direction. Like after a coming together in midfield. I'm starting to be more mindful of this though.
                        Last edited by hudson; 18-11-2014, 13:39.

Comment

Anyone on xbox one? My copy is arriving tomorrow, I understand we are treated to last gen resolutions mind.

Comment

Hudson, I know what you mean about the wayward passes chap. I've booted numerous 50/50 balls out of the stadium because I didn't change direction in time. I'm trying to get quicker at the classic super cancel to try and stop doing this, or turn it into a feint.

Comment

PS3 PES, Jon? You mean previous years right? Both are the same this year.

Comment

Yes sorry. Previous years.

PS4 is 1080p 720p on XboxOne

Comment

Working...
                                X