Forza Horizon 2 DEMO Xbox ONE review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this is as awesome as I thought it would be. Same great atmosphere as the first, improved graphics of course. The rain on the roads looks amazing.

Shame it isn't 60fps...blurry!

I like the way you can flatten all the poppies in the field...10mins worth of fun there alone!

Back to Destiny though lol.
    Last edited by SUMIRE; 16-09-2014, 18:05.

So this is a very tidy little demo which contains a small part of the world map to drive around and 4 events which you can reach via free roam driving.
    There are also some billboards to smash, online freedom and Driveatar rivals to beat.

The Demo appears to be the intro the game, with a Horizon style video intro (really trendy) and an intro the the game which is presented by a walking talking presenter (who I swear I recognise as someone from something).
    There is a choice of 3 cars initially, a Mitsubishi Evo an Audi RS3 and some Kind of Custom Range Rover Sport, all off road cars.

You get straight into the action with a couple of off Road events, showing off the new off road scenery which hurtles past at a startling pace.
    There is also an exhibition race where you get to race against a team of formation flying jets which swoop across just feet from the top of your car leaving italian flag coloured trails behind them.

The music in the game seems to fit well too, sitting well with the feel of the game. I can actually tolerate it being there compared to the racket that NFS Rivals plays. One sensible touch is that there are audio presents that put a focus on the music or the car noises.
    The stylised colours and vivid funk of the original is present, this game looks very much I remember Forza Horizon looking, just smoother and less jaggy, It's very pretty.
    Last edited by EvilBoris; 16-09-2014, 19:35.

Comment

Demo was amazing, so much fun. That offroad stage was immense, had a big grin on my face the whole way round....every time I did it. Popped in online and that seemed to work nicely too.

This game is going to be very special indeed

Comment

Great demo, gutted seeing it sat on my xbox saying you can't play it until the 30th come on September just end .

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
          Demo was amazing, so much fun. That offroad stage was immense, had a big grin on my face the whole way round....every time I did it. Popped in online and that seemed to work nicely too.

This game is going to be very special indeed
          Totally agree, they really have nailed the atmosphere again and it looks amazing.
          Did a bucket list mission, drive a koenigsegg like you stole it, damn straight, I was driving it all over the place.
          Even the intro got me hyped before the drive.

Good time to be a racing fan, Horizon 2, Driveclub and The Crew all in next few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
            Good time to be a racing fan, Horizon 2, Driveclub and Project CARS all in next few months.
            Amended for you

Trying my best to hold off the demo to save for the full game but very reassuring to see such strong feedback to it

Comment

I was going to do the same amendment SF. Has been a dry year for driving games so far on next gen but that will be rectified in the next couple of months.

Comment

I actually thought Project CARS was early 2015 but I've just seen it's November, god damn, will be racing my face off across formats.

Comment

Played the demo and it's as excellent as expected. The off road race was really fun and the rain looked smart.

However, it doesn't have the impact of 1 to me. It's naturally just more of the same and goes from being a must have to a will get a machine one day.

Comment

yup this is the racer for me its got a fun handling model the racing is tight and enjoyable plus it has a world I want to explore, it reminds me of the arcade racers of old but appears to have a lot more to offer in its world. This is probably the only racer I will pick up this year out of what's on offer on this and other platforms. This just seems light years ahead in terms of presentation and polish.
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 17-09-2014, 09:36.

Comment

Dare I say it..... this reminded me of Rallisport Challenge 2 (but a bit easier). Driving across those fields and drifting between trees....
                      I hope some of the races are longer in the full game. But the demo nailed it. Well done. Having not played the first, I'm guessing this is having more of an impact on me than veterans.

Comment

What a demo . Looks fanstaic , handles like a dream and is 'fun' to play . Well done MS

Comment

I'm purposely holding off the demo but that sounds great.

I've ordered the game digitally from the US with the $10 off for being a VIP. Pre-ordered and pre-loaded ready to go. Sweet.

Comment

$10 off you say? This is because you have VIP for forza 5?

Comment

Is VIP a cross game thing then?

Comment

Working...
                              X