No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is semi modular. The 24 and 8 pin connectors aren't removable.

Bit of a budget PSU too so the cables aren't long enough to route behind my motherboard tray.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
      Very Snazzy Marty. Is that a 4690k cpu? Hard to see from the pic. Case looks almost empty without a gigantic aftermarket cpu cooler in there lol.
      Yeah, it's the 4690

Build component list:
      2TB Seagate Barracuda
      8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      MSI Z97-G45 ATX Mobo
      Corsair Carbide Series 200R Compact Mid Tower Case
      Corsair 3XS 450W PSU
      Intel Core i5 4690K S1150 Haswell
      Sandisk 128GB UltraPlus SSD
      EVGA GTX750Ti superclock

Not a bad build for around ?600. I would have gone for a bigger PSU and a WD Black HDD, but other than the last two items on the list, http://www.scan.co.uk/ had the rest up on a today only for ?408 which worked out good value.
      Last edited by MartyG; 26-09-2014, 16:04.

Comment

The PSU is fine for that setup Marty and the next card you buy should be more power efficient than the 750ti.

What CPU cooler is that you have Speedy?

Comment

Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120.

Pretty much a dinosaur now but I'll use it as long as they make mounting brackets for it!

Comment

Ha mines a MESS. I'll try post a picture of it sometime. It's about 4 years old now and I didn't really have a clue what I was doing back then... maybe it's time to check inside and start to upgrade.

Comment

My PC is coming up on two years old now. Still fairly tidy (because I didn't build it myself! ) although a couple of upgrades here and there mean it's not as pristine as it once was.

I think I've bought 99% of my games for it in various Steam sales, which is great for saving money but it means I always have a backlog of unplayed games. I always plan to buy nothing for a while until I've seriously cut into my backlog, but then another Steam sale comes along and I can't resist!

I did pre-order the Borderlands Pre-Sequel at full whack though. Borderlands 2 is probably my favourite game I've played since getting my PC, so I couldn't wait before playing the next in the series.

Comment

That's nice. Definitely tidier than mine was:

However, I've been busy!

Non-modular PSU so I have to have a bunch of cables clumped at the base but other than that I'm happy.

Comment

Any difference in temps?

Comment

The amount of fans I had in there was overkill I think. Temperature seems same across the board during torture testing. Cpu can hit 70 but it always could. O/Cd at 4.5 at moment.

Comment

Thought I'd join in. Phone pic but you get the idea. Notice the lack of graphics card at the minute.

Comment

bought some red LED's for my behemoth. Pics to follow once I get them installed!

Comment

I tend to avoid LEDs like the plague. I guess most of you don't keep your PC in your bedrooms though.

Comment

This is kinda embarrassing.

Comment

Is that a 2.5" drive just hanging from a cable?

Comment

SSD weigh nothing and cause no vibration - that's the best way to mount one!

I'd be more concerned about his CPU cooling exhausting hot air onto his GPU.

Comment

Working...
                                X