No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I nabbed this off Steam yesterday: http://store.steampowered.com/app/59...to_the_Breach/

Fun times.

Comment

If you're already an Amazon Prime member, fill your boots with Twitch Prime games: https://blog.twitch.tv/level-up-your...?sf184412156=1

Comment

The original PC gaming franchise, “Myst,” is making a comeback with developers Cyan announcing a 25th anniversary complete “Myst” franchise package. Published on myst.com, the team talked about how the surreal puzzle game broke barriers, becoming a massive critical and commercial success. The follow-up “Riven” also performed well, while three further “Myst” titles were also […]

Later this year the PC will receive Myst: The Complete Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          http://www.darkhorizons.com/all-the-...t-re-released/

Later this year the PC will receive Myst: The Complete Collection
          oooh! yes please.

Comment

SteamSpy is to close: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...reator-himself

Meaning it'll now be more difficult to see how active a particular PC game is community wise. It's a benefit to publishers and a detriment to consumers. I'm sure Steam could easily provide aggregated anonymous stats, they seem to be able to do this with user's hardware easily enough.

Comment

Tbf all Platform holders could - Valve, MS, Sony, Acti Blizz etc. They only need to allow some API's to feed their basic sales data into a third-party/industry body, depending on existing agreements with Publishers.

Ultimately Valve had to make this change to comply with the new European Privacy laws (GDPR) coming into effect next month. And I do think emphasis on player's privacy and ownership of their data is more important that sites being able to scrape that data without permission. That said I agree Steamspy was useful and ultimately it would be great if the Videogame industry gave up it's incessant, money-driven, immature obsession with lack of transparency. You don't see that in other entertainment industries as much.

Comment

Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer is now on GOG!

The retail release has been unplayable on modern PCs for years now due to driver incompatibility but it all runs well here and in widescreen to boot. They have have a -15% launch sale for it right now as well, I highly recommend it

Two Engines. One Champion. No Limits. Climb on, strap in, and experience the pure adrena

Comment

Stats have appeared for the GTX1180

They place the card as possibly outpacing the GTX Titan XP, however the specs aren't confirmed and may in reality weigh in lower

Comment

I just really really wish something came along at a reasonable price to make it worth upgrading my 970, checked the 1060 and barely an improvement for most of the stuff i play and a 1070 is just to much, I am really hoping the bit coin bubble bursts so can get some bargains

Comment

Unless if gives in before then it feels like it's not worth upgrading till about two years into the next gen of consoles. With everything pretty much still being made with base PS4/XBO hardware in mind it'll be that long into the next gen before they stop cross-gen development and actually make use of any advancements that seriously tax existing cards. That probably puts an upgrade about four years away

Comment

I posted this in the hardware section too but a bargain none the less if your building a system.

AMD Ryzen 5 processors are powerful and offer up excellent value for money, especially when you choose Ebuyer. Transform your PC with Ryzen 5 CPUs for gaming, streaming and content creation.

Processor even comes with amd’s wraith spire cpu fan as well. Bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          actually make use of any advancements that seriously tax existing cards.
                          In truth, I don't usually want that anyway. I just want to run existing games at a much higher level of performance than consoles provide.

Comment

Tbh with the price of some components being so stellar, particularly in the UK. I'm definitely going to be scaling back or sticking to much tighter budget when I upgrade/build my next PC. I've been playing on X1X and PS4 Pro and tbh with games like Far Cry 5/AS:O the difference just isn't worth the huge premium. Particularly once you're looking at 4K and HDR where the PC seems behind.

On OCUK forums people are guessing £600-800+ for the new (incoming) Nvidia 118x card. And that's just excessive. That said part of me wouldn't mind downsizing or going for a laptop of something. Still who knows maybe I change my mind when upgrade time comes around.

Comment

Biggest rip off currently is DDR4 prices, they're still sky high.

Comment

This might make some of you puzzled but I actually sold my 7700K/16GB DDR4/GTX 970 components and downgraded them recently. The most intensive thing I use my PC for is TERA so I didn't want to just let my parts despreciate.

Now I'm rocking a 2500K (£37), 8GB DDR3 (£40), a Gigabyte Z68P-DS3 (£40 via AliExpress) and a GTX 670 (£50). Clocked the thing to 4.5GHz and it sits happily at that with stock volts. Biggest surprise was the temps though, 60c was the max core temp after 10 minutes of Aida64 stress testing. The difference between soldered IHS and thermal paste is gigantic!

Comment

Working...
                                X