Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danganronpa 2 - Goodbye Despair [Vita] review

Out of the woodwork, you lot! I know some of you will be playing this

Let's put this out there right from the off: play the first Danganronpa before this one. Whilst spoilers will be marked in this thread, I would also be very, very careful about Googling for info on this series, as the fan base is pretty notorious for unmarked spoilers on sites, images, and pretty much anywhere else you could care to mention.

I'm only a few hours in myself, but am already finding it living up to my highest hopes. It's got me pondering on a number of plot points, deliberately toying with my expectations, whilst also poking fun at itself, breaking the fourth wall, and generally being quite amusing and yet thoughtful throughout. Gameplay-wise, there's a few changes to the way navigation works, with there being less 3D environments to navigate, and some 2D ones to scroll through instead. There's now a very basic levelling system to reward more thorough exploration, a new e-pet (read: Tamagotchi) to look after, and from what I understand some new class trial mechanics too (I've not gotten to one yet).

Can't wait to play more.

I've bought this and the 1st one as it seemed to be really interesting.
    Only just started the 1st one though so will be a while before I get near this I'm afraid

Comment

I've done up to the end of the first trial.
      The characters/plot etc so far have been great. Being set on a group of islands will hopefully mean more variety in the locations too.

But I'm not sure I like the "improvements" to the various mini games in the trial. The rebuttal showdown is no fun at all now. Maybe I will get used to it with more play, but having to turn the vita upside down while you try to work out which of the answers to use on which of the weaknesses against the clock is frustrating.

I am obsessively checking my Tamagotchi every 2 minutes tho...Also have the 'heyheyheyheyHEY' from the rabbits intro tune stuck in my head

Comment

Working...
      X