No announcement yet.

Smash Bros 3DS/WiiU (full game) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it hillarious that people are paying money for this demo, it's so limited that it's about half an hours fun tops. If people are paying cash they deserve to be mocked harshly for it.

I find the slide pad not that great for controlling this it just feels clunky, but apart from that it seems ok, i shall wait for the dust to settle before i get hold of it as i have other games on my list that take priority first.

Comment

Can anyone tell me, Link use to have a grapple ability with his hookshot but I can't seem to do it in this demo, has anyone else been able to do it? Its much more likely that I suck rather than the move being taken away but its worth checking!

Comment

Grapple still works, it is on L.

I really like Link's new A attack during a sprint. He leaps into the air a little and slashes down, sending the opponent flying diagonally up.

Haven't really played it much because there's very little on display and it plays basically like Melee - which I've played hundreds of hours.

Comment

Gave the US demo a very quick spin yesterday, trying out MegaMan and the Villager...have to get used to 3DS buttons, so used to play this on GameCube pads that it's hard to do what I want. I'd also love to see an option to use the d-pad instead of the analog nub.

Comment

I tried mega man too but he wasn't clicking for me, his neutral A and side A are both just shooting, and his down B drops a disc you then need to throw, it all seemed a bit off, but I'm no pro so I can't be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
              Does everyone else find that when quitting the game it totally resets the console as if you had made a clock change in settings?
              I think I know why it does this now, essentially Smash requires your entire system resource, might explain why my 3ds froze in sleep mode yesterday and wouldn't wake up:

Comment

I need to hear if there's going to be a d-pad option on this, or that might seriously put me off buying it. It's just odd controlling it with that circle pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  I need to hear if there's going to be a d-pad option on this, or that might seriously put me off buying it. It's just odd controlling it with that circle pad.
                  Did any of the other version offer this? I can't imagine how it would work with digital left and right inputs, how would it know you wanted to do side smash versus a normal side attack etc?

Comment

You could use a d-pad on the wii version (Brawl?) if u used the nunchuck on it's side.
                    No d-pad option in the full game of this though.

Comment

Curious... you could use the D-pad in the demo version of the game I played at SDCC.
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Did any of the other version offer this? I can't imagine how it would work with digital left and right inputs, how would it know you wanted to do side smash versus a normal side attack etc?
                        Not quite sure I follow.

I thought you did a smash by pressing (for example) right + attack simultaneously; nothing to do with analog pressure.

Comment

Not quite sure I follow.

I thought you did a smash by pressing (for example) right + attack simultaneously; nothing to do with analog pressure.
                          Ah no, the side attack moves are different from the side smashes, eg:

Link is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 4. His return to the series was announced during the E3 Nintendo Direct on June 11th, 2013. He was also among the first wave of amiibo that are compatible with SSB4. As in Super Smash Bros. Brawl,...

So I'm not sure how the game would know you wanted to do a side smash vs a normal side attack, but I guess it must have worked on the wii version, perhaps to do with how long you held the direction for?

Comment

So I'm not sure how the game would know you wanted to do a side smash vs a normal side attack, but I guess it must have worked on the wii version, perhaps to do with how long you held the direction for?
                            To be fair, though, it doesn't change that if the game doesn't work on the analog slider, changes should've been made so it could use the D-Pad. The Jump! Ultimate/Superstars games worked fine using the D-Pad, and they were quite similar.

The game has not one, but THREE commands for jump after all.

Comment

To be fair, though, it doesn't change that if the game doesn't work on the analog slider, changes should've been made so it could use the D-Pad. The Jump! Ultimate/Superstars games worked fine using the D-Pad, and they were quite similar.

The game has not one, but THREE commands for jump after all.
                              Very true, and as a comparison we have been able to make Mario jump different height for years with one digital input so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that they could differentiate smashes from regular side attacks by how long you hold the d pad for, especially as all the other buttons can be customized. I guess you could tweet the director and make a post on the game in Miiverse and if you get enough likes then maybe they will patch it? (I'm not being funny, they sometimes listen to us!)

Comment

Full game get!

Not played much due to school and stuff but I'm impressed with the amount of stuff they've gotten on there for us (considering the length of time we've been waiting, I guess it's on par). Even streetpasses give you a way to earn more gold through a sumo-style minigame. Reconfigured my buttons then spent my only online match jumping around as I'd forgotten which was jump. I'd turned off the up jump of course.

I'd really not thought about system resources, but you can't even activate the web browser while the game is suspended, and it does a full restart when you exit. Crazy stuff. Hopefully we can post our screenies!

Comment

Working...
                                X