MCU: The Avengers 3: Infinity War Part I and II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCU: The Avengers 3: Infinity War Part I and II

Aah, we're so far away but the ever plotting Marvel is already putting together the pieces that plan themselves out until the fourth team up. This closing act to Phase 3 has come up a few times lately as Marvel begins to work out more specific details as they're expected to formally reveal the line up for Phase 3 which is largely expected to be made up of Ant Man, Captain American 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Doctor Strange and Thor 3 leading into this film and early 2018. With that in mind:

“Guardians of the Galaxy” scene stealer Dave Bautista may be involved in more Marvel films than just the upcoming ‘Guardians’ sequel. PW Insider has posted up a piece about the WWE future of Bautista, saying Marvel Studios are “currently restructuring his contract that will likely see him get more money due to the success of […]

A report has emerged that following Guardians success Marvel is reworking Bautista's contract to reflect a heavy involvement in Avengers 3. It would come as no surprise to see the Guardians feature in an Avengers sequel, no less than the one long mooted to focus on Thanos arriving at Earth.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 27-04-2015, 17:18.

They need to close the Thanos arc at some point, seeing as they teased him in the first film.

It'll be interesting to see who they intend to use as the main protagonist after Thanos tho' (granted that's quite a few years away).

The mad titan is a top tier bad guy, so going 1 better than him is a bit of a challenge.

Would love to see Galactus on the big screen, if done right, it would be a spectacle to behold.

Comment

Kang. Has to be Kang i wanna see time travel that confuses **** out of me. Plenty more they can do yet.

Comment

Don't think they can use Galactus because he is liscenced to Fox, in the Fantastic Four universe? Could be wrong though.

Comment

No, you're right Big Al and I agree Kang is probably going to get involved later on as after Thanos they're running out of Big Bads unless they go some mad supernatural Memphisto level and incorporate Dr Strange, Blade and Ghost Rider?

Comment

i do find it really odd that marvel do not have the film license for some of there character :S

still i am picturing some epic in many years where as many of the characters as possible is put into a huge 3 part film or something

Comment

Not in our lifetime mate, as long as superhero movies are in vogue and making millions if not billions for studios they will keep hold of their rights for as long as possible. Most of the other studios have the rights due to Marvel being in dire straights in the past and selling off characters. In the mid 90s they could not have dreamed there'd be a smash hit adult Blade movie let alone get bought out by Disney for 7billion or however much it was.
              Last edited by bash; 12-09-2014, 07:34.

Comment

Aren't Kang and Doctor Doom one and the same? I imagine the rights would lie with Fox if this was the case. Scratch one potential future bad guy, it's a shame too as he totally is from the future.

Comment

Yeah it's mental they can't use their own characters. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are weird ones because they are in both the Avengers and X-men comics. They won't be allowed to be named as mutants in the Avengers though.

They have a good few years to figure out the next big bad though so I'm sure they will come up with something. After the big cosmic thing that will likely happen in Avengers 3 maybe they will want to make it all a bit more grounded for a while after that?

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
                    Aren't Kang and Doctor Doom one and the same? I imagine the rights would lie with Fox if this was the case. Scratch one potential future bad guy, it's a shame too as he totally is from the future.
                    Doom and Kang are not the same person at all.

Comment

I thought Kang was a the guy in the Turtles cartoon. I know so little about general Marvel villains. It is the one area they seem to be having trouble with in the movies. Loki has been entertaining but he pretty much stands alone in that and has run his course.

Comment

Read the Secret Wars books as all the important characters are in that, Dogg.

Strange as it sounds, I found the Infinity Gems saga a little too far-fetched!

Comment

Can Kang take thanos? he just sounds like a bloke from the future who was down on his luck.

I always thought Galactus was the best universal bad guy but they keep making him weak. Like if you hear how stan lee describes him there isn't supposed to be anyone who can even go toe to toe with him. Clearly the writers have ****ed that up over time.

Comment

If i remember right i think thanos kicks galactus' s ass in the comics

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Read the Secret Wars books as all the important characters are in that, Dogg.

Strange as it sounds, I found the Infinity Gems saga a little too far-fetched!
                              You know, I actually read Secret Wars back in the day but I can't remember much about it and I'm not even certain all my memories of it were from the Secret Wars story itself. I remember Spider-man's new suit, Ben not being able to change into the Thing, not being able to tell if that was Ultron's eyes or his mouth and Spidey overhearing things he shouldn't (X-Men conspiracies perhaps?). Should I read it again?

Comment

Working...
                              X