Smartwatch thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Still unsure of the purpose of smartwatches. What do owners use them for?
    Exactly this.

Comment

I don't think I'd use most of the apps, I just like the idea of being able to change the face when I get sick of looking at it.

Same thing applies to my wife.

That's a joke, if you ever read this, dear...

Comment

Problem for me is still the battery life. The watch I'm wearing right now never comes off. I've worn it for 6 months.

Comment

Watches shouldn't even need batteries.

Comment

So if I had the money a ?13,500 watch that needs charging every 18 hours or an omega yeah. No thanks apple and I like their stuff but that's just pointless

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              Watches shouldn't even need batteries.
              Mine doesn't even though it has digital stuff and alarm! Solarpowa!!

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

I am a fan of watches although never really spend a lot on them. Had an accurist for about 10 years but bought a Tissot Touch 2 a few years ago.

However like the idea of a smart watch but wouldn't want to spend much money on something that's not going to last that long. As a recent buyer of the Nexus 6 I like the price and look of the Moto 360 but hate the idea of charging it every night.

The Pebble seems to be the only one that's got this bit right and either the new colour one or current Steel version are intriguing. Also not that badly priced.

Being able to quickly glance at notifications in certain scenarios (packed underground) is the main draw. Also having control of what I'm listening too is also very useful.

How even if I still had an iPhone I wouldn't be buying an Apple watch at those prices. Far, far too overpriced.

Comment

Apple watch doesn't realised it's being worn if you have a tatoo on the wrist so constantly locks.

Comment

If Jobs was still with us he'd have already mailed someone telling them to get their tattoo removed.

Comment

I think an Apple Watch might be the answer to my prayers, in that i can see who is calling me while riding my motorbike.

Question is do i need a series 3, or is the 1 or 2 plenty good enough? Has anyone upgraded through the versions and can see the benefit in the 3?

Comment

As soon as Apple perfect non-invasive blood sugar monitoring, I’ll be first in line for a Watch. Because stabbing your finger several times a day looses its appeal after, well, the first 12 hours...

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                          I think an Apple Watch might be the answer to my prayers, in that i can see who is calling me while riding my motorbike.

Question is do i need a series 3, or is the 1 or 2 plenty good enough? Has anyone upgraded through the versions and can see the benefit in the 3?
                          I've only had a series 1, but the battery life is so pish that I barely use it, having one of the newer ones would help with that I'm sure.

Comment

I ended up with a series zero Apple Watch when my good lady got the series 2 version and the battery does struggle to see me past 15-16 hour days. The series 2 she now uses is much better through.
                            I don’t think the series 2 is available anymore. Probably best just to get the series 3 non cellular version.

Comment

Thanks guys. Next question, what colour did you go for?

(i need help in making decisions, terrible affliction)

Comment

I'd totally forgotten I'd broken my Pebble Steel charger, so I've ordered a new one, thanks for the reminder.

Much prefer e-ink watches that always show the time over Apple watches where you can't surreptitiously check the time in a yawnsome meeting!

Comment

Working...
                                X