No announcement yet.

Smartwatch thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Apple Watch looks hideous. Compared to my Breitling.

EDIT: Which I have turned into a SmartWatch
    Last edited by Brad; 10-09-2014, 11:46.

Comment

Now Apple have released one the public conscious will probably acknowledge the smartwatch and people will walk around with their elbow stuck out smacking other people in the face in a similar pose.

Comment

Motorola have just trumped Apple by releasing a Goldeneye theme for their watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Yeah, that is similar to my thinking in the other thread. For me, this only becomes useful when it replaces the iPhone rather than needing to work with it.
          Just seen that the Gear S has a sim slot. So there you go. Sorted.

Comment

It's doubtful the software on that will be good enough to replace your phone though. It says in that review that it runs Tizen, which has fewer apps than Android Wear. Plus it says that it uses the default Samsung keyboard, which is, naturally, completely tiny on that screen.

There's just no really satisfactory smartwatch on the market at the moment. They're still waiting on that killer app.

Comment

Plus you need a samsung android phone to put tizen apps on the watch. Go Samsung!

Comment

Oh. Well that's useless then (I do have a Samsung, but that's not the point). Assumed it would work with any android.

Comment

dont put tizer on your watch even if its waterproof it will get all sticky, stay in school kids " points finger "

charles dont get a smart watch to use as a phone its a bad idea all round, the only two people ive seen who think its a good idea are the gadget mad idiot in our office and that bald git from the gadget show who said a phone watch was a cool idea! and he's never right on anything.

Also talking to your watch is a pretty stupid look as demonstrated by Mr knight back there, also how do you make a private phone call, how would you type out a text on such a small screen apples solution is to shout at your watch or send ****ty pictures to each other

"you coming out for a drink steve"

" "

"What"

" "

"is that a yes or a no"

" "

" **** off im going to the pub on my own"

Comment

The world's most luxurious wrist-based penis drawing communications device.

Comment

I don't want it to be a phone. That's "Crazy Brad"

Comment

I don't want one instead of a phone. I'm just saying that for me, having one as well as a phone is pointless. It doesn't do ANYTHING better than what a phone already does, except it's smaller and can be attached to your wrist. So, as an occasional - very extravagant - alternative to a phone then fine but otherwise crap.

Crazy Brad ;-)

Comment

For a short while I had the Sony one that came with my XperiaZ, it was cool and attracted plenty attention... for about 5 minutes. The most glaring source of disappointment was the call handling feature where it rumbles and displays when you receive a call. You tap the screen to answer the incoming call but... that's it. You still need to get the phone out your pocket to take the line rendering it all completely useless. As a device they're pretty much just a form of convenience for a device that's already convenient. Even if they could do everything a phone can do they'd be less convenient for using as your a hand down and the display is too small. File it under fad and save yourself a hundred quid

Comment

I still fail to see how "a battery that last ALL DAY!!" is a feature.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            ...I can't not buy that.
                            Last edited by kryss; 10-09-2014, 17:34.

Comment

MS's early entry into the fray may have just trumped all the others. Built in GPS, strapless HRM, UV detector, but most importantly (and shockingly!) it's cross platform. Android, iOS and Windows And only $200!
                              If Microsoft wanted to take a slice out of Apple's impending Apple Watch audience, it couldn't have crafted a better plan than with its just-released Microsoft Band.

If only it was properly waterproof, I'd get one in a flash. Heck, I'd pay $250 for a waterproof version.
                              Last edited by charlesr; 20-11-2014, 20:26.

Comment

Would you pay for a smart microchip that feeds your bio data and location back to a centralised location? for your convenience of course....

Comment

Working...
                                X