3 of the worst films you've sat through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 of the worst films you've sat through

In recent years I've seen some awful, awful films. Like, I don't know if the big budget makes me even more disgusted or it's the fact some talented artist had to associate their name with the cgi ****e.

Anyway, these 3 in particular were beyond brutal.

Battleship - cost to make 220 MILLION... just let that sink (LOL) in. District 9 cost 20 or something. Maybe less. This cost 220 MIL. ****ing crazy. Where did the money go here???????

The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Another special effects crock of ****e. Cost even more than battleship to make and in contrast the original (2002 Spider-man) cost 140 mil all in and ACTUALLY MADE SENSE. WTF is going on. These films have no soul.

I'm just going to put Alpha dog here too as it's so bad I want people on here to watch and get mad.

I'm just moaning but I think in summary I've decided I get more pissed off when these films have giant budgets and I'm reminded of the effort the guys doing the CGI had to go through to make them possible. It's like ' YOU'VE WASTED YOU'RE ENTIRE ****ING LIFE DUDE'. All those smarts and you're sat making cgi electro play the ****ing piano...

Signs - M Night Shamalangadingdong's abomination
    Alice in Wonderland - I wouldn't know where to begin tearing this one apart
    The Dictator - Cringingly bad 'comedy'

Comment

I edit scripts for a living so have little tolerance for a poorly written movie, although will sit through a load of ****e if it's in some way compelling, that said these are my snoozers recently.

*Godzilla (2014). I'm a big fan of Honda's first movie and even the 1980's movies have a place in my heart, this has a place in the toilet. Terrible pacing, boring characters, horrible dialogue, ****ing horrendous.

*The Quiet Ones. I do work on my fair share of horror scripts, and this is utter tosh. Wooden performances, poor scares. I love old Hammer, why oh why do they produce garbage like this nowadays?

*Any Transformers movie ever - EXCEPT the awesome animated movie. Overblown Michael Bay garbage. He should have quit after Bad Boys II. He destroyed one of my childhood faves, and apparently has done the same with the new TMNT. I had no clue what was going on and why was there some daft reference to a pair of glasses on ebay? This is Transformers, not a ****ing Specsavers ad.

Also, nice KP OP - one of the funniest and most self-aware U.S sitcoms in years.
      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I'm just going to put Alpha dog here too as it's so bad I want people on here to watch and get mad.
        For me, what makes this difficult to stomach is the director's father made one of my favourite movies of all time, A Woman Under the Influence, and was fiercely against this kind of middle of the road noise.
        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Armageddon - 3 hours of my life I'll never get back. Just awful.

Independence Day - See above. Not even Jeff Goldblum could save the film.

Transformers (M. Bay) - WTF. Why is it all the robots look the same? What's up with the continuously variable scale of them? Why was I stupid enough to watch a Michael Bay film anyway?

Comment

Spiderman 3.

Amazing Spiderman 2.

Man of Steel.

Comment

Star Wars episode 2 was pretty awful, struggled to sit through that, mainly because I had such huge expectations. Phantom Menace was good but not great and I was hoping this would be the new Empire Strikes back . . . . oh how wrong I was.

Transformers 3 was as big a mess as part 2 and very hard to stomach, loved the first one and watched it at least twice at the cinema. Hated the 2nd and really believed they'd turn it around for the 3rd but unfortunately not . .

Blade Trinity - After a great first 2 movies I've no idea how goyer mucked this up so royally. Yes, doesnt help that Snipes acted like a nutter on set but that doesnt excuse the crappy Dracula plot, weak ass action and cheesy liners. Should have called it Blade Crucifixion. Heres hoping a 4th gets made to redeem the series.

All 3 movies were just horrible to sit through, mainly down to my massive expectations. This is why I don't really go cinema any more and prefer to rent in the comfort of my own private home cinema where I can pause, piss and play.

Special mention must go to the Matrix sequels too!

Comment

Lost in Space. Saw in theatre with friends. When the credit started rolling, I started laughing, one stared blankly at the screen, the last was "there's something good about this movie...(about a guitar solo)...(disco song begins)...oh f**k, I'm out".

Mortal Kombat Annihilation. Kinda surprised noone mentioned it yet.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Able to dethrone Alien 4 from the "destroyer or trilogies" podium.

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                Battleship - cost to make 220 MILLION... just let that sink (LOL) in. District 9 cost 20 or something. Maybe less. This cost 220 MIL. ****ing crazy. Where did the money go here???????
                But you can't deny that the scene where they essentially steered the battleship with a handbrake was hilarious.

Comment

Memento, like watching the same four minutes of film over and over, protagonist is so unlikeble and boring that you have no investment in there character at all. The person that put it on to make us watch it fell asleep, says it all really. I know film critics rave about it but clever cutting dose not a good film make.

Meet the Feebles, like muppets on crack with aids (yeah for real), fancy a film where a muppets, drugs and rapes another muppet, or a cow muppet suffocating another muppet in a bondage scene, how about a sex scene between a walrus and a rat, its got so many terrible scenes it will scar you for life, thanks peter jackson.

Sin City I hated this film its strange mix of nudity, cannibalism, weird prosthetics, and over stylisation meh.
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 09-09-2014, 12:46.

Comment

Titanic- awful
                    Love actually- really awful
                    The hobbit- how did this go so wrong????

Comment

It's a tough one because I either stop watching (e.g. Spice World) or I can find some redeeming features.

Recently, three films have proper wound me up, but they weren't awful films, they were just riddled with nonsensical plot developments.

1. Man of Steel (but I "completely misunderstood virtually every scene")
                      2. Looper
                      3. Need for Speed

Out of curiousity, have people ever walked out of a film?
                      I've never done it because I normally really want to see what I'm there for.

Comment

1. Far From Heaven - I think the only movie I ever walked out on in the cinema so it stuck in my mind.
                        2. Prometheus - So gorgeous looking but one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of stupid movies.
                        3. Freddy's Dead, the Final Nightmare - Speaking of stupid movies...

So yes, QC, I have walked out of a film. Just once. Now it must be said that I've only included actual known movies. I've probably seen student films that were a lot worse.

Comment

I walked out of a cinema in the 80s but I can't remember what movie it was. Sorry.

Comment

Titanic - Easily the biggest piece of utter poo that I have ever sat through.
                            What makes it worse is I have sat through on more than one occasion

4 Weddings & a Funeral - Tripe, tripe & more tripe,
                            Chick Flicks, why do they even exist??

Love Actually - Again untter benial rubbish.

My one saving grace is that after sitting through them I did get sex...so in fairness they were worth watching

Little surprised Alpha Dog is in here though, I actually quite enjoyed that.
                            Meet the Feebles is bonkers, after seeing Bad Taste & Braindead I found out Mr Jackson had also produced that so hunted out a copy & watched it...once
                            Man I don't think I could sit through it again, just so utterly off the wall it fried my brain.

Neil

Comment

3. The Hobbit films - First one was a huge disappointment, didn't expect great from the second and it didn't deliver. Not going to bother with the third.

2. Godzilla 1997 (or what ever) - I was a teen when I saw it and it left the taste of s*** in my mouth even then when I was so easily pleased, so it had to be bad.

and the winner for worst film I've endured in a cinema is...

1. Sucker Punch - Utter rubbish with zero plot and even the action sucked. I felt embarrassed that I had paid actual money to see it. It's not garbage, it's toxic waste.

Comment

Working...
                              X