No announcement yet.

Destiny 360/PS3/XBOX ONE/PS4 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of that time would have been spent working out what you had to do I would imagine. Consulting a guide beforehand would likely significantly reduce the time needed to complete the raid.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
      10 hours for a Raid is rather long, I take it that was one sitting as that's mad, I'd do about five hours then go for a walk outside and cook something to eat.
      They were aiming for world first so yup. That was pretty much in one go, with toilet/food breaks permitting etc.

The raid saves your checkpoint progress until the Tuesday weekly reset - The size and difficulty of it is intended for completion over the course of a week, not in a single day.

Loot drops in the form of chests after each boss / raid phase, so you don't need to finish it to get benefit / raid set gear drops.

Originally posted by bcass View Post
      Most of that time would have been spent working out what you had to do I would imagine. Consulting a guide beforehand would likely significantly reduce the time needed to complete the raid.
      There is also this.

Once you know what you're doing and you've got the raid gear for it, it'll be MUCH quicker.
      Last edited by Silvergun X; 17-09-2014, 15:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
        They were aiming for world first so yup. That was pretty much in one go, with toilet/food breaks permitting etc.

The raid saves your checkpoint progress until the Tuesday weekly reset - The size and difficulty of it is intended for completion over the course of a week, not in a single day.
        Phew that's good to know, so you don't have to destroy your eyeballs in one sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
          Not seen this thread Garny?

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

via Bungie's website

10 hours for a Raid is rather long, I take it that was one sitting as that's mad, I'd do about five hours then go for a walk outside and cook something to eat.
          Cheers m8, missed it

Comment

Well 26 now, and just got Vanguard rank 3. Got a nice purple pulse rifle as a reward.

Comment

Was all for packing up early on this, but I ended up past midnight again, got in a game with darkangel and we thought it might be interesting to see what the first Moon strike was like it said it was a lvl 12 mission but its full of ultra tough lvl16 enemies from the off and it gets harder and harder the more you go on, we got battered even though we five levels above the recommended Lvl there is no way you can do this at lvl 12 insta-death if you get hit by certain enemies! it was fun though I will defiantly be back once I've levelled up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                Was all for packing up early on this, but I ended up past midnight again, got in a game with darkangel and we thought it might be interesting to see what the first Moon strike was like it said it was a lvl 12 mission but its full of ultra tough lvl16 enemies from the off and it gets harder and harder the more you go on, we got battered even though we five levels above the recommended Lvl there is no way you can do this at lvl 12 insta-death if you get hit by certain enemies! it was fun though I will defiantly be back once I've levelled up a bit.
                I attempted this at level 12 with 2 randoms and we got absolutely slaughtered by the boss at the end. The amount of extra enemies it chucks out, Knights in groups of 5 and 4 witches was silly for that level. Took until I was level 19 to do it.

Comment

That makes sense. I managed the Lvl 8 Earth strike in a team of 14, 13 and I was 12. Great fun though.

Quite a lot to this game if you are prepared to put the time in.

Comment

Always kill the adds first, golden rule

(99%of the time)

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                      Sounds like i had exactly the same evening as you! In fact, I really discovered what Destiny was all about yesterday. Levelled up a few times, had a level 20 mate jump into my game and help me get through some tough bits, then we both smashed that Moon strike, got matched up with a level 12 player, who was utterly brilliant. I witnessed some incredible dashes across the final boss arena to revive players. And then got some tasty rare items as a reward.

I've had a complete roller coaster with this game so far..... Initially liked it, then had a rather boring evening where no one was online, wandering around enormous maps and finding it all rather boring, to last nights epic session which was the most fun I've had gaming in years. It's almost impossible to give Destiny a simple number rating, i.e 8/10 for this reason in my opinion. It goes from being same old to something special at random, but when it hits that sweet spot it's pretty special.

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats View Post
                        Sounds like i had exactly the same evening as you! In fact, I really discovered what Destiny was all about yesterday. Levelled up a few times, had a level 20 mate jump into my game and help me get through some tough bits, then we both smashed that Moon strike, got matched up with a level 12 player, who was utterly brilliant. I witnessed some incredible dashes across the final boss arena to revive players. And then got some tasty rare items as a reward.

I've had a complete roller coaster with this game so far..... Initially liked it, then had a rather boring evening where no one was online, wandering around enormous maps and finding it all rather boring, to last nights epic session which was the most fun I've had gaming in years. It's almost impossible to give Destiny a simple number rating, i.e 8/10 for this reason in my opinion. It goes from being same old to something special at random, but when it hits that sweet spot it's pretty special.
                        It's so awesome when in a strike and 2 go down and the last player pulls out a miraculous revival on you both and your all back in the game and suddenly it seems possible again to do it.

Comment

It was the moon strike with two other players that changed my view of Destiny. I need to do more of this before casting my final score, it doesn't detract from the fact I don't like PvP, I don't think the story is any good and I feel the levels feel a bit barren, **BUT** those 55minutes of insane action sparked something in me, sort of "ahhhhhhhhh that's what it's about! The first hours are just training"

I hope I find time to get to level 20+ to get more of it, but for gamers with the spare time and desire for such strike missions the game must be a fantastic proposition.

Comment

I've actually left the single player for a bit to wait for my pal to catch up then finish mars with him as he's only just started, unless its some striking with randoms for chances of rare gear on the ones ive already done.

Guna focus on the crucible for a while now to level that side up and start getting the rare gear from the crucible vendors as i think thats guna take me a while.

Comment

Calling Bordersdown PS4 massive:

Do we have any other Loftgroover style (Level 27?!) speedlevelers for attempting Vault of Glass or the Weekly Nightfall any time soon?

I'd love to get a group together despite there being no need for a rush, and I'm definitely interested in putting a 6 man team together and helping a few others start gearing up through strikes, reputation farming and the like.

Let me know if anyone's close to the Level 26 mark, especially for this week's heroic strike as I'd love to get the 6 Strange Coins out of it for tomorrow's Exotic vendor visit!

Comment

I'm 24 heading to 25 but on the bone version if course, I would love to take a stab at the raid but I genuinely don't know if I can be arsed, at least the strategies are being formed and tips on what to deal with.

Soon as Forza Horizon 2 hits this will be dropped from daily play to every other night.
                                I stupidly went into destiny thinking the single player would be a little bit better and the game would be less grindy and ****ty with drops.
                                Don't want to have to farm to get drops.

Comment

Working...
                                X