Destiny 360/PS3/XBOX ONE/PS4 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S3M View Post
    I just unlocked all five mission difficulty so that does make it a bit more crazy.

It's a good game overall doesn't do anything knew but good fun and one of those games you can just pick up and play.

I would join the borderdown clan if any one was on PS3 but I don't think anyone is put your hands up now else I'll be joining another clan.
    Here's one! (splashwhale on PSN)

Comment

Originally posted by Combination View Post
      Add me. PS3 version. Psn: fishyb

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
        http://www.twitch.tv/streamerhouse is still going and still trying.
        Cheers. How long they been going at it now?

Comment

what the heck is a raid and why dose it take 30+ hours??? seems pure lunacy to me.

Comment

I watched the link for a bit earlier, don't know how far in they were but they were getting whooped big time, instant kills!
            Don't think many will get these achievements anytime soon

Comment

Originally posted by Combination View Post
              Will do Combination & fishbowlhead expect a friend request from S3M-Slicer time to join the clan then.

Comment

Ok so I figured out why I was getting my arse handed to me so badly in crucible matches. I've been using a pulse rifle from my single player (perfectly adequate) however it's next to useless in pvp. Switched to an auto rifle and instantly top of the group in kills, k-d ratio and winning matches. So zero balancing in pvp for be other weapons then, disappointing.

Comment

All of the weapons have stats which make the handle significantly different and make them effect at different ranges.
                  I had two auto rifles, one was higher attack than the other, but there were some marginal differences between the weapons stat bars, I switched to one that was meant to be better and I could not kill a thing.

Switch back and could kill everything. I suspect it was the range and impact stat that affected me the most.

Comment

Is there anyway to make clans/guilds in this as yet?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      All of the weapons have stats which make the handle significantly different and make them effect at different ranges.
                      I had two auto rifles, one was higher attack than the other, but there were some marginal differences between the weapons stat bars, I switched to one that was meant to be better and I could not kill a thing.

Switch back and could kill everything. I suspect it was the range and impact stat that affected me the most.
                      Doesn't matter what auto rifle I picked, it's just that class that is really of any use in pvp, the pulse and scout rifles are nigh on useless.

Edit. Well seems like the first raid has now been beaten already.
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 17-09-2014, 06:45.

Comment

Getting towards the end of the story on this playing it co-op so it's stretching it out a bit. It is quite fun playing as a strike team, but there's something missing (well game content though that's not what I meant). The environments are fantastic and huge but barren. There are all these caverns and nooks & crannies to explore with pretty much zero reason to explore them - the lack of findable loot, or even some side mission is disappointing, not even dead ghosts waiting to be revived.

Some of the firefights are well choreographed but play the game for any extended period and you start to see the patterns making them very predictable. I'll wait to see what Bungie do with the DLC though if it's nothing more than the same stuff just with higher energy bars I don't think I'll be investing.

Fun but flawed

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          Getting towards the end of the story on this playing it co-op so it's stretching it out a bit. It is quite fun playing as a strike team, but there's something missing (well game content though that's not what I meant). The environments are fantastic and huge but barren. There are all these caverns and nooks & crannies to explore with pretty much zero reason to explore them - the lack of findable loot, or even some side mission is disappointing, not even dead ghosts waiting to be revived.

Some of the firefights are well choreographed but play the game for any extended period and you start to see the patterns making them very predictable. I'll wait to see what Bungie do with the DLC though if it's nothing more than the same stuff just with higher energy bars I don't think I'll be investing.

Fun but flawed
                          yeah i wish there was more reasons to explore they could of filled the world with all sorts of loot there certainly seems to be the nooks and cranny's to hide stuff i found a cave under the mission where you scan the transmission towers on the rusty boats, I thought wow that's well hidden, but alas it was just another empty cave its like they put the map there but then forgot to add the loot, like they run out of time to implement something the world feels unfinished somehow.

Saying that its a game that's kept me playing past midnight all week Im sat here at work knackered because i cant put it down.
                          Last edited by Lebowski; 17-09-2014, 08:36.

Comment

Vault of Glass Normal Mode's first clear happened this morning by the clan PrimeGuard.

Destiny 2 Guides, News, Reviews, and more! Fanbyte delivers fan-fueled entertainment daily with the latest video game impressions, lists, and the best gaming content.

It took them a total of 10 hours, 42 minutes of Raid time to finish. That's a pretty huge raid. Combined, they died a total of 1,606 times. :O

Bungie have confirmed Vault of Glass Hard Mode is a thing, as well...

All the Raid Set gear seems to be the same quality of purple that we're getting through grinding, with the exception that Raid gear contains bonus damage to Oracles and Praetorians, the two main types of enemy you'll be fighting inside the raid.

Comment

Originally posted by Garny View Post
                              Is there anyway to make clans/guilds in this as yet?
                              Not seen this thread Garny?

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

via Bungie's website

10 hours for a Raid is rather long, I take it that was one sitting as that's mad, I'd do about five hours then go for a walk outside and cook something to eat.
                              Last edited by S3M; 17-09-2014, 15:00.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                                Not seen this thread Garny?

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

via Bungie's website

10 hours for a Raid is rather long, I take it that was one sitting as that's mad, I'd do about five hours then go for a walk outside and cook something to eat.
                                I will never do a raid in this, i wish i had 10 hours to waste on one sitting of a game, last time i did that was alien trilogy on the ps1 on my 14th birthday i felt sick as a dog after 10 hours thanks to the camera sway. By the time i get that sort of time for gaming i will probably be in my 70s have the reactions of a dead frog and crippling arthritis in my hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X