No announcement yet.

Destiny 360/PS3/XBOX ONE/PS4 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give me a week or two to get up to speed, and I'd be well up for joining any games if you'll have me

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
      Marty O'Donnell has done a great job with the audio for this game. I really can not stand game music that tries to be Hollywood blockbuster music, but O'Donnell's stuff is sufficiently gamey. He's going to be pretty much impossible to replace IMO, a big loss for Bungie.
      I remember him saying he couldn't synthisyze the right noise for the original plasma rifle that he wanted so he did the effect with his mouth. It's little things like that make his sound and effects so good.

I'm up for ps3 raids, though I won't be up to to scratch for a while as I'm taking my time with it all.

Comment

Well after a few days into this it's started to click a bit better with the game play for Coop. Running strike missions is a lot of fun when trying to take down the big boss at the end. I don't like the crucible though. If I want pvp like that I'll go for COD or BF4.

I wish you could change or switch off your ghost. I don't like the voice acting of it and it grates.

Comment

Reached level 20 last night and did my first Vanguard strike. That was pretty mental and to me it starts to feels like a totally different experience given how crazy it gets with the swarms.

I think the co-op element helps this game a lot as it's clearly a different experience when you have to co-ordinate and help others to survive.

Comment

Maybe it's because I haven't played anything current apart from The Last of Us but I'm really enjoying this. Not interested in the story but the levelling, the shooting and the world are all great!

Will buy PS+ at the start of October I think to do some Multiplayer.

Comment

played on this most of the eve to level myself up hopped between pvp story and some patrol, i did 6 patrol missions found a few ghosts, searched out some chests and failed a public event. The public event started off and it was a level five captain no problem i thought Im level 14, i couldn't even dent his shield it was very strange, I think this is meant for loads of people but as there wasn't anyone else about I just shot at him for five minutes making no headway until the timer ran out, three Headshots with the golden gun did nothing either .

The last mission i did revitalised this mode for me quite a bit up until this point id run about on my own not really interacting with anyone just poking about looking for the loot crates, while doing the odd mission, the last mission i did saw me protecting a satellite that had just crashed and i was quite surprised to see it come down and change the game world, I was struggling a bit with this my health was low and i was getting swamped, when two other players rolled up and helped me finish off the last few waves of enemies it really showed how little interactions can make the game world that much more satisfying, we all took a bow and then when or separate ways.

Comment

On the Tower, on the upper blue platform (to the left of the Special Orders shop), there's a collection of 5 dark grey floor panels. If you stand on them, a message appears saying "Activate Fan". You can activate by holding square, but no idea what it actually does!

Comment

It does this.... lol

Comment

I've been watching a little bit of a raid stream. The mechanics they've added to the boss fights in there are completely unlike anything else in Destiny, it seems absolutely ridiculous and DEFINITELY much more like something you'd expect out of an FFXIV raid encounter.

There's a pretty hardcore group getting killed at a boss fight... A message is appearing telling them they've been 'Marked by the oracle' and they get completely screwed. The boss also seems to do something called the 'Ritual of negation' which they don't seem to be able to survive. I'm not even going to pretend I understand the tactics and what's going on, but experience from people who are raiding right now is that co-ordination is completely necessary and even opening the vault in the first place is a colossal challenge.

The loot that drops isn't just Legendary or Exotic either I think, it's specific Raid Set gear.

BRING IT ON

Comment

Teamed up with rubiq for 2hr pvpfest. Started on skirmish but found it brutally hard in the face of 3 organised opponents making sure the raised each other, attacked in groups and hogged the heavy ammo, sadly in the 4/5 matches i needed for a bounty we got paired against the same group again and again. We briefly put up a close fight when i got lucky with charging up the titan defender shield twice in a row.

We got some new bounties and headed to control where the time just flew by. Pvp so much better when you got teammates to talk to and organise defence or attacks.

Definitely saw some lag problems in few matches, in a comedy spot i could see rubiq unloading 2 clips and numerous back smashes in this 1 guy and his shields didn't drop at all, he had no abilities going at the time and just ran off like nothing had happened. If i wasn't so lazy converting facebook uploads to youtube i have video saved of me with the same guy, inside my own titan shield punching him 5/6 times for him to turn around and punch me down in one... bonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                        Teamed up with rubiq for 2hr pvpfest. Started on skirmish but found it brutally hard in the face of 3 organised opponents making sure the raised each other, attacked in groups and hogged the heavy ammo, sadly in the 4/5 matches i needed for a bounty we got paired against the same group again and again. We briefly put up a close fight when i got lucky with charging up the titan defender shield twice in a row.

We got some new bounties and headed to control where the time just flew by. Pvp so much better when you got teammates to talk to and organise defence or attacks.

Definitely saw some lag problems in few matches, in a comedy spot i could see rubiq unloading 2 clips and numerous back smashes in this 1 guy and his shields didn't drop at all, he had no abilities going at the time and just ran off like nothing had happened. If i wasn't so lazy converting facebook uploads to youtube i have video saved of me with the same guy, inside my own titan shield punching him 5/6 times for him to turn around and punch me down in one... bonkers.
                        You get a lot of double kills in this in straight out fire fights, has to be down to lag as it happens far to much, i like the beyond the grave kills you can get though many a time a heavy rocket will hit after you have been taken out with a head shot and give you instant revenge, or a grenade will keep dealing damage via the mini drones, after you have been taken down.

Really need to team up on this but sending out invites seems pretty pointless if you have a big level gap anyone tried this on here outside of pvp.
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 16-09-2014, 14:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                          The challenge starts with the weekly heroic strike. That was RIDICULOUS fun.
                          I just unlocked all five mission difficulty so that does make it a bit more crazy.

It's a good game overall doesn't do anything knew but good fun and one of those games you can just pick up and play.

I would join the borderdown clan if any one was on PS3 but I don't think anyone is put your hands up now else I'll be joining another clan.

Comment

From what I can see from the pvp balance out weapon dmg, armour, recovery and speed so low lvls can complete but they would lose out on the weapon and ability perks.

Comment

Anyone got a link to a Raid stream?

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
                                Anyone got a link to a Raid stream?
                                http://www.twitch.tv/streamerhouse is still going and still trying.

Comment

Working...
                                X