Metro 2033 Redux review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metro 2033 Redux review

I'm having a great experience here. The day one patch stops the game from loading on Xbox One.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Been playing this on PS4 today, smooth and enjoyable so far- hasn't opened up enough yet to really tell if the survival horror stuff I've been told is true or not- but looks to be a good game regardless.

Don't think there has been a day one patch on ps4, but PSN has been down for maintenance so not sure of that's why- on the technical side I'm not experiencing any issues though.

Comment

Was just about to head into town to pickup the One version - is it completely b0rked then?

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
        Was just about to head into town to pickup the One version - is it completely b0rked then?
        Not completely. The problem isn't affecting everyone. You can play offline without the patch and that also remedies the issue.

Comment

just looked on the dash and it looked like it was only ?15.99 but it appears that it isnt, there are just the options to buy the two reux versions seperately.

Comment

Got this downloading now, love this series and looking forward to revisting both

Comment

Originally posted by concretesnail View Post
              just looked on the dash and it looked like it was only ?15.99 but it appears that it isnt, there are just the options to buy the two reux versions seperately.
              ?22 on base.com for the disc version.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                ?22 on base.com for the disc version.
                That was a temporary thing- possibly price error? It's ?29 now. They did send me my ?22.99 one though

Comment

Reckon this will go down in price at some point? I loved the Metro: Last Light on PS3, and really eager to jump back in given that I never played the first game, and all the great improvements. Does anyone know how much this is on the U.S PSN store?

Comment

No idea about the US PSN, but for 30 quid or cheaper - I got it on Amazon for 27 delivered - you can't really complain.

Comment

It's $50 on PSN. Works out at ?30 so still more expensive then the good online deals going around

Comment

Put a couple of hours in on the XBO version and it seems pretty good so far. Took a while to get a feel for it and it only really clicked when I reached the mission Dead City. The shooting has a nice weight to it and I like all the gadget\gimmicks that both effect gameplay and fit in with the lore. The gameplay falls over when they throw loads of enemies at you in one go though, it all gets a bit messy and so far it doesn't feel like you can get through without taking a tonne of damage each time. No doubt this is my lack of skill but the game feels better in the quieter and more atmospheric moments so far.
                        Also the look sensitivity is far too low, even when at the maximum setting.

But I shall continue. It's nice and atmospheric and pulls you along at a good pace. Graphics are hit and miss to be expected from an update, but it looks nice enough and seems to be locked at 1080/60.

Comment

I played a few hours of the original back on the 360 and enjoyed it so when Tyjay stuck a copy of the PS4 up for sale I had to have it.

Can't wait to experience this with a headset as the evenings draw in.

Comment

Only really want Last Light...am an agonising 54p short in my PSN wallet!

Will probably end up picking up the disc version on my way home now

Comment

I'm still waiting for my ps4 version from base, posted Tuesday morning and I paid 23 quid. I love these games! By the way, they're a solid 60fps according to digital foundry, x1 is 912p and ps4 is 1080p. I'm really looking forward to these and a third game in the series. I'd like to see what they can achieve with a capped 30fps and max out effects etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X