No announcement yet.

Little Things that Irk You 4Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was told the origin of the ice bucket challenge was to simulate the feeling of body being numb like people with mnd have

Comment

But...don't you guys do that stuff for fun? Like, it sounds super hardcore and that's awesome, but the point of this is to funnel money to charity. If the challenge is 'row in the freezing ocean every day for a year', they'd probably raise about ?50 because only 2 people are gonna do that.

It's amazing how much this has taken off. Well done to them for pulling it off. I am bored of the videos and hearing about them at this point, but you have to applaud a resounding success for charity like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
        People are still using Facebook, times are dark indeed.
        Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          But...don't you guys do that stuff for fun? Like, it sounds super hardcore and that's awesome, but the point of this is to funnel money to charity. If the challenge is 'row in the freezing ocean every day for a year', they'd probably raise about ?50 because only 2 people are gonna do that.

It's amazing how much this has taken off. Well done to them for pulling it off. I am bored of the videos and hearing about them at this point, but you have to applaud a resounding success for charity like that.
          Sure, not against money being raised and it has been far more productive than say FlappyBirds becoming some weird sensation. They've raised close to $100m since the end of July, that's pretty crazy.

Comment

The UK MND charity spends 80% on research and care.

The ALS only spends 50%. No single grant to research was anywhere close to the amount they paid their CEO last year.... They spend twice as much on marketing as they do fundraising and more on marketing than they do on research. It does make a profit (10%) though so it's doing something right. I just hope they don't raise the CEO's salary in proportion to the amount earned this year - it's not like she can claim any credit for the massive increase.

Comment

Literally every single thing Nintendo do these days irks me no end. I think I'm finally done with them. Might sell my 3DS (after playing only 3 games on it) - I could sure as hell use the money for other things.

Comment

Having my climbing gear stolen from my car . Though the upshot, they left the ?300 tent, and the ?240 sleeping bag. The climbing gear was only worth ?100 so is easily replaced, but still a kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                  Literally every single thing Nintendo do these days irks me no end. I think I'm finally done with them. Might sell my 3DS (after playing only 3 games on it) - I could sure as hell use the money for other things.
                  Crack.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    The UK MND charity spends 80% on research and care.

The ALS only spends 50%. No single grant to research was anywhere close to the amount they paid their CEO last year.... They spend twice as much on marketing as they do fundraising and more on marketing than they do on research. It does make a profit (10%) though so it's doing something right. I just hope they don't raise the CEO's salary in proportion to the amount earned this year - it's not like she can claim any credit for the massive increase.
                    Considering the popularity if that does happen it'll get reported and everyone will kick off like they did with the bank dudes and get their asses handed to them.

Comment

Terrible drivers. Just coming back from doing some shopping and was driving up the high street of the next town, the car in front decides to painfully slowly pull in to a parking space. Despite the glacier speed they were going, it was blindingly obvious they were going to hit the Fiesta parked already if they didn't adjust their angle and you'd have thought they'd notice. Did they? No. Rear quarter and bumper of the Fiesta bashed in and scraped to buggery. Pulled in further up went back and gave my details to the owner in case they ended up needing a witness.

Comment

Aren't you just glad it was you parked there.

Know what you mean though, in a 40mph limit today, lady in front must have been totally lost, didn't go above 15mph for over a mile, she could have done the decent thing and pulled over (there was no opportunity to overtake).

Really do notice the standard of driving drop at weekends near home, speed drops massively too, on the A12 people never know the speed limit so always slow down to 40, even if it's a 50 or 60 zone, ggrrrrr.

Comment

Was it an Audi?

Comment

For me, no, some new Kia thing.

Moving on, hope this parent gets done for manslaughter

A 16-month-old baby in Switzerland dies after one of its parents went to work forgetting that the child had been left in the car.

Comment

Not clicking on that link. Shields up!

Well done for leaving your details Colin. Related: gotta love this facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2871...65284/?fref=ts

Comment

The way supermarkets change the layouts seemingly at random so stuff i knew where they were are no longer there

Fast food places like mc donalds/kfc/ burger king do these limited time things i really like and then they never do them again

My other half watching youtube channels that bore and really irritate me to ....i swear i saw her watching a vid and in this vid was a person watching another youtube person

My picking apart tv shows and film...i could become a film/tv critic but lack of consistency is what really bugs me walking dead/true blood etc they do have good moments but then they have moments that make think it does not make any sense.

Actually the lack of consistency in comics is another irk of mine to i remember reading incredible hulk comic and it had a story arc but they changed artist for one issue and the style was so different bruce banner actually looked very different to before

I have noticed with tv shows they tend to have different writers and directors for each episode so i wonder if that is the issue

Comment

Working...
                                X