Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its to much efforts.

Comment

My search for a good, meaningful date for this has ended in failure really so I've had to contrive something:

The apostrophe was first used by a Frenchman (Geoffroy Tory) in 1529. There are only 12 months in a year so if we carry 3 over (from the 15) that gives us the third month, March.

March 29th 2016 will be Bordersdown's first Grammarpocalypse.

Comment

Better get in quick then!

A quick example of spelling rage from me last night in the thread title here

Comment

Massive thunderstorms round these parts.
          Loads of people posting on Facebook about "lightening", rather than "lightning".

Comment

Lightening? Nah, that’s Thunder Force mate...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Massive thunderstorms round these parts.
              Loads of people posting on Facebook about "lightening", rather than "lightning".
              Cos their stupid innit? Should of checked there speling.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post

Lightening? Nah, that’s Thunder Force mate...
                Ha! Brilliant!

Comment

2nd only to idiots going on about how "addicting" a game is.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    2nd only to idiots going on about how "addicting" a game is.
                    I've never understood the use of this word. Is it an American thing?

Comment

I think it's just one idiot saying it on YouTube and then loads of other people copying what they hear. It's a legit word but almost never used in real life

Comment

My wordirk currently is people using "actually" as a question.

Like, actually?
                        I think that we generally used "Really?" in the same way before.

Comment

Watching a load of Hell's Kitchen on Netflix and they keep banging on about flavoursome and flavourful. To me, these don't sound right. Am I wrong?

Comment

Sometimes it's ok to be wrongsome, Teddy. Neither one is wrongful on this occassion.

Just be efficient and use "tasty".

Comment

Language is a tool for communication. That's it's sole purpose. If we understand what is being said then it doesn't really matter if they mixed up their "there" with their "they're" or spelt separate as "seperate". Do you know what I mean? It's far, far sillier to get annoyed by typos and grammatical errors than it is to make them. If I understand what a person is saying then I'm set. I'm happy. Job done. Jobs a goodun.

Comment

Working...
                              X