Ipad mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipad mini

Hi all. Could someone tell me if there is much difference between an ipad mini and an ipad mini retina display? (Apart from the cost)

Thanks

The iPad Mini 2 has a much faster processor and GPU, so is capable of running certain games significantly better and overall feels snappier.

Worth nothing that there is an Apple even in a couple of weeks time and there may be new iPads shown, in which case the old ones will become cheaper as a result

Comment

Ah excellent. Thanks Boris i'll wait a couple of weeks and see what happens

Comment

Actually is the ipad 2 the retina display one? Amazon are selling them at ?252 for a 16GB one which i think is a decent price?

Comment

Think the "RRP" is ?269 for it anyway. Son has the original iPad mini and it's great for him to be honest. Retina one does have a lovely screen though. Reason we went for the Mini was that it's so much lighter in weight to hold.

If you go in to an Apple store they will probably have both versions on display so you can make a direct comparison yourself.

Boris is right the Mini is overdue an update so probably worth holding off a couple of weeks.

Comment

The iPad Mini Retina is the second gen iPad Mini. So yes, that's what Boris meant by the iPad Mini 2.

It's a bit confusing because the first Mini is pretty much a shrunken down iPad 2 and both are much less powerful. At this stage, you'd be best steering clear of the original. As Boris says, there will likely be a new batch announced next month. But given the iPad Mini Retina is only a year old, I think it will still get supported for a good while - it was a hefty bump up from the previous Mini model.

Comment

excellent.. thank you all for the quick responses i would have bought a first gen one without thinking today!

Comment

One other bit of advice, for anyone considering a Mini.

Many people base that decision on having seen the old form-factor of the iPads, which is pretty much the same for iPad 1, 2 3 and 4.

The iPad 5, i.e. the iPad "Air" is larger than the Mini (obviously) but it's also significantly smaller/thinner/lighter than the iPad 1/2/3/4. Definitely see it in person before making a decision to go with the Mini.

Comment

Working...
                X