Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cliff Richard

No, not a tribute thread

So what do we think? Apparently he left the country ages ago because he knew these allegations were coming up against him? If he was innoccent should he had stayed and fought? Or are we, as society, too judgmental and say guilty upon arrest leaving the mud to stick?

I wonder how much was abused by/is abused by celebs today seeing as we've had weirdos from the 70's and 80's like Gary Glitter and Saville (apparently everyone knew he was up to no good but kept quiet) Rolf Harris who was less blatant, Max Clifford etc

Not saying Cliff is guilty by default because it seems a lot more old celebs are getting investigated since Savile aka Operation Yewtree. I just hope justice prevails and the truth comes out.
    Last edited by bash; 15-08-2014, 09:36.

Ruh oh, british society will collapse if Cliff is found guilty.

A nation of pensioners will die of shock, seems like a hell of a lot of celebs seem to be getting exposed as nonces recently. The BBC sure did like to employ a lot of kiddy fiddlers i wonder who will be next?

Comment

The trouble with these celebrity investigations is they seem very hit and miss. They attract as many fame grabbers as it does real cases. Still curious as to why there's so little focus on the rest of thr entertainment industry and so much on old celebs. Might be completely wrong but if I had to make a call on it right now based on what's known I'd say I'd be surprised if he's guilty. He's old, single and an easy target and atm (though the police might well know more) there's a real shortage of claims against him. Time will tell I guess. Didn't expect them to find anything in the search anyway. He's been living in Barbados for donkeys years now

Comment

was several actors from coronation street were on trial and released not charged .....got to be honest when i heard someone was being questioned from corrie my first thought was has to be norris

Comment

it's all a bit of a meida frenzy now and you cant really expect a fair trial, Rolf had 7 mill up for grabs, and one of the acusers had allredy cashed in to the tabloids in Australia. Cliff has a lot more wealth than Rolf so this one allegation smells a bit fishy especially with so much to gain, Could be true, but looking at Rolf's trial I doubt we will ever know what's what, especially when you can be convicted on a there word against yours basis like Rolf was.
          Last edited by Lebowski; 15-08-2014, 10:53.

Comment

Thats the problem with when it's a celebrity, the uk seems to be obsessed with fame and celeb culture & wanting attention. While there could be genuine victims there will also be the fake ones that say they were molested just so they can have their fame & tv time.

Always wondered how many people that come forward are fakes & how many are genuine. Im sure the police can screen them out but there will still be some that manage to fool everyone.

Comment

Though not always possible, in instances where the police uncover someone has falsely accused another of such a crime I'm behind lengthy prison sentences. Utterly destroys lives and when false is pure scummage

Comment

Really don't believe this with Cliff, but hey you never know.

The bloke that did my wedding photo's in 1998 was sentenced last week for child rape back in the sixties, scary stuff.

Local news headlines for Romford, Hornchurch, Havering and the surrounding London areas from the Romford Recorder.

Comment

Cliff is innocent.

He's out the country because he's just done a charity gig at his vineyard. If I had properties in the Algarve and Barbados, I'd probably be out the country too.

It's an allegation from one person in 1985.

Either way, I'm unimpressed with the BBC's behaviour with this and out-tabloided the tabloids by ensuring they were camped outside as the police arrived with a helicopter filming overhead for five hours.

I want him to release a Christmas single this year and show X Factory how it's done!

Comment

there is an IAmA on reddit this morning from a guy wrongly accused by his ex wife of molesting his daughter in law, he spent 17 months in prison before being cleared, how was he convicted not with evidence but on one persons word over the other I think this sort of stuff needs to stop now if theirs no hard evidence then some ones word over someone else's, is not enough to send someone to prison for the rest of there life.

Comment

Cliff's supporters that think he's innocent are buying on-masse his single "I Still Believe In You" and it may end up in the top 40 this week.

Comment

I don't know either way but he is a creepy bloke and I have thought that ever since I was young.

Comment

Do find it amusing that Cilla Black has once again jumped out to defend yet another celeb especially after been adamant of Rolf Harris been innocent and all, err yeah LOL.

Might want to keep quiet Cilla

Comment

Cliff Richard is a fake lying sack of ****.

'I'm not gay'

*lives with some dude for the last ten years*

Unsure if these pedo stories have validity but he's clearly been bumming dudes. His name and sig is in that gay hotel book from the 80's.

'Cliff and guest'

Never liked him regardless. He's an anti-gay gay man. Drop the religious bull****.

Comment

We're all bumming on a summer holiday, no more cameras for a week or two

Comment

Working...
                              X