No announcement yet.

RIP Robin Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liking movies now? Will these monsters stop at nothing in their attempts to humanise themselves?

Comment

I actually feel pretty numb today.
      I have loved so much of what he did, Mork & Mindy was a staple of my summer holidays when I was growing up, laughed so hard.

I remember Mrs Doubtfire at the Cinema that was so good.

Aladdin is probably my second best Disney film of all time & it's mostly just down to his performance as Genie, simply superb

And don't even get me started on his Stand up his '86 Night at the Met show is probably my all time favourite stand up show, just sooooo funny.

The thing that got me was he always turned on the funny man at any moment but what surprises most people was his serious stuff Insomnia & One Hour Photo both came out of nowhere & rank right up there with some of the best thrillers ever.

This man will be so so missed, a true great & a real genius.

RIP Robin

Neil

Comment

I really do think he was seriously underrated as an actor as his comedy career overshadowed it somewhat but he was absolutely superb in The Birdcage. One of my favourite films of his.

I don't know if this is a spoof but it is believable

Last edited by smouty; 12-08-2014, 08:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
          The thing that got me was he always turned on the funny man at any moment but what surprises most people was his serious stuff Insomnia & One Hour Photo both came out of nowhere & rank right up there with some of the best thrillers ever.
          I came here to say this ^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            I came here to say this ^^^^
            That's just it people so often overlook the serious pieces & go straight to what he was known best for & you can't blame them his comedy was undeniably awesome but his turns as a psycho stalker have been some of his best.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

I also thought he was good when playing against type in films like One Hour Photo and Insomnia.
              One Hour Photo - brilliant film, made so by Williams brilliant acting

Comment

Proper depressing film but always enjoyed his turn in What Dreams May Come. Certainly not one I'll be watching any time soon now but good stuff

Comment

Sad this, I can't think of any reason why anyone wouldn't have liked him, he always came across as a genuinely decent and funny man. His stand up was amazing, but his favourite film of mine was awakenings.

Comment

aye terrific talent even though some of his recent stuff wasn't great, the crazy ones was terrible

he has done some classic movies and even if the movie was mediocre his performance stood out (Night of the museum), another person who grew up with Mork and Mindy on the telly

looking at his movie history my favourite is probably jumanji but he has done other classics that I love like the fisher king and good will hunting

shame really but his depression must have been consuming him

Comment

Jumanji is really good. Much better than I ever expected it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                        One Hour Photo - brilliant film, made so by Williams brilliant acting
                        Aye One Hour Photo is superb, need to see Insomnia.

Wasn't a massive fan of his other acting and didn't like Mork and Mindy at all but thought he was imperious at stand up and always gave fascinating interviews. In an instant he could ad-lib and take on another completely different persona.

When seeing him live I used to think many times that he could turn any heckler inside out.

Will certainly be missed RIP.

Comment

Mork and Mindy still makes me smile.

This, however, never fails to make me laugh

Comment

Mrs Doubtfire will be what i always remember him for but i also loved The World According To Garp, Hook & Jumanji. At least we still have Jim Carrey.

Comment

My top three people in hollywood ever was comprised of jack nickleson, arnold schwarzenegger, and robin williams.

This man was in almost every film i loved as a kid and in mrs doubtfire, he absolutely made one of the best family films ever. Darkangel said earlier about his speech in good will hunting, and its something i've been thinking about constantly since the news, given the irony of the role he played.

Cannot believe it, and it actually makes me well up a little thinking about it.

The era is well and truly coming to an end.

Comment

Turns out he had been diagnosed with early Parkinsons, might have preyed on his depression and been part of why he did it

Comment

Working...
                                X