The Last of US Remastered PS4 review [no spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam The Man View Post
    This is exactly how i feel and the reason why i havn't picked up TLOU yet.
    i'd say your missing out mate - definitely worth playing

Comment

You could grab it cheapish on PS3 and resell it after completing it no problem. I'd definitely say it's worth a play, I beat it in about 3 sessions and I barely even play modern games - it pulled me in.

Comment

As a player of the PS3 version 1 and a half times was not sure if I wanted this again at first. But as soon as they mentioned the 1080p 60FPS I was sold. And it actually looks better than I thought it would the 60FPS especially helps multiplayer and gunplay in general, Single player also. Great use of the PS4 Dual Shock 4 with the speaker and triggers plus the big button in the middle lends itself well to the back pack. Plus as I did not buy any multiplayer DLC for the PS3 version so all the extra maps and stuff are welcome,.

The cinematics and story still blow me away the acting is so on point hoping other serious tone games get close to this. While Watch Dogs for example has great voice work the general Characters don't even come close to the Last Of Us.
        Last edited by JU!; 11-08-2014, 20:56.

Comment

Looks nice and I love the photo mode.

Enjoying it just as much as the first time around

I never considered this a stealth game, the AI is too clunky and the design is more survival horror. You don't normally leave a section without killing all the infected or enemies.

I love the story of the game, and enjoy the pace of exploring (every corner!) puzzling and combat. Some sections I manage to master with skill, others are more of a cluster f. The very first clicker for example, the way I did that section was to use the 6 shooter to take him down, then run and get space from myself and the other infected and turn a hit with the melee weapon. Not exactly stealthy...

It's not perfect, but it's a great game.
          Last edited by capcom_suicide; 13-08-2014, 07:32.

Comment

I'm going to jack this in and either get it down the line to finish on the cheap or if it ends up on PSN+. It's just feeling like a massive chore to play through again. I've scored it the same as I did the PS3 version as barring the framerate and sharpness which is mostly here nor there with a game like this nothing has changed. I do feel like a fair bit of my struggle this time is familiarity, it was only early this year I last did the game which I think has tinted the experience a bit now. But it remains what it is, a solid, if far too overpraised title

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
              i'd say your missing out mate - definitely worth playing
              The thing is it does look fantastic from what iv seen of it, I'm just not sure it would be a fun game to play. I'm currently playing through Pikmin 3 and don't want to put it down. The cut scenes are rather boring and the story nothing original but the gameplay is so good and the levels so well designed it's utterly addictive and something i could play for hours. TLOU on the other hand looks like it would be brilliantly enjoyable to watch as far as the cut scenes and acting goes and it reminds me alot of the movie I Am Legend but i fear as soon as the controller is in my hands and it's time to play it could start to bore me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam The Man View Post
                The thing is it does look fantastic from what iv seen of it, I'm just not sure it would be a fun game to play. I'm currently playing through Pikmin 3 and don't want to put it down. The cut scenes are rather boring and the story nothing original but the gameplay is so good and the levels so well designed it's utterly addictive and something i could play for hours. TLOU on the other hand looks like it would be brilliantly enjoyable to watch as far as the cut scenes and acting goes and it reminds me alot of the movie I Am Legend but i fear as soon as the controller is in my hands and it's time to play it could start to bore me.
                One of the greatest things about TLOU is how well the story is told through gameplay, not the admittedly excellent cutscenes . The conversations between Joel and Ellie in the lulls between combat and what you see and read as you explore. It constantly blows me away by how well it does this. Infact, TLOU constantly blows me away in many regards. And in the areas that it's not amazing, it's simply very good. I should probably change my vote to 'Fanboy to the Max' as in 30 years of gaming across pretty much every platform - even the ****e ones nobody else bought - TLOU is comfortably in my top 10. It's short, sweet, and mature in it's story telling in a way I don't think any video game, not even the Half Lifes, has managed. In my mind it sits alongside Ico as a game you just have to experience.

Comment

Finished the main game again (third time across formats) on Thursday night and so cracked straight on with Left Behind which I finished last night.

Some don't like Left Behind, some don't see the point in the PS4 version.

Me, I love it all!! Once again I found myself get totally caught up in the world that Naughty Dog had created. The sections that moved me originally still moved me this time around and everything about the game just ticks my gaming boxes.

I'm going to New Game + both the main game and Left Behind and then think about going through it again on a higher difficulty.

Comment

Have you tried the multiplayer, teddy? It's excellent and plays like nothing else I've played on console and PC.

Comment

On this again, reached Bill's Town on the PS3 version. It's just utterly fabulous. I've pretty much made it through the game unseen so far. The stealth mechanic really works nicely despite the AI shattering the illusion a little. I adore this game. Easily better than Uncharted 1-2-3 combined.

Comment

I'm currently playing through the PS3 version again for the fourth time, still adore it. I don't think I've ever replayed any modern games as much as ND's PS3 titles.

Comment

The PS4 version does improve gameplay with 60fps but it makes the visuals feel a bit flatter. I am more than happy with the PS3 game.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Man View Post
                            Have you tried the multiplayer, teddy? It's excellent and plays like nothing else I've played on console and PC.
                            I played shed loads of it on PS3 and have played a tiny bit on PS4. I really need to get back into it. It's one of few online games I don't suck at.

Comment

Finished my 3rd play through on PS4 and it was still as fresh as I remember

Looks gorgeous especially being pulled apart from a bloater and about to start left behind since I didn't play that on PS3

First play through on PS3 was around 19-20 hours and I managed this in 16 hours so feel good, my new game plus time on my second play through was around 12-13 hours

Will play it through again until I max up all my attributes and upgrade all the weapons

I did use the bow a lot more this time and kinda dismissed it on PS3 but found out that it's pretty good and taking down runners and clickers, pretty useless with bloaters

Comment

Spent a couple of hours on this last night, all I can say so far is WOW.

Comment

Working...
                                X