MCU: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCU: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Marvel Studios has confirmed that the “Guardians of the Galaxy” sequel is the film that it is set to release on July 28th 2017. The reveal was done by director James Gunn and star Chris Pratt who shot a pre-recorded message for Marvel’s Comic Con panel. No further mention was made of “Doctor Strange” or […]

Marvel has confirmed that a sequel to next weeks Marvel Universe space entry will be released on 28th July 2017.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 29-06-2015, 21:22.

With Marvel’s “Guardians Of The Galaxy” now out in many territories, it’s time to talk both that surprise end credits stinger and the film’s already announced sequel. SPOILERS AHEAD The film’s director James Gunn recent sat down with Empire to discuss just those two things. First up, that stinger featuring an appearance by Howard The […]

The films won't follow the comics in terms of Quills lineage

Comment

In the wake of “Star Trek Into Darkness,” one of the big changes for the freshly revived franchise is the handing over of the directorial reigns from J.J. Abrams to “Fast Five” helmer Justin Lin. Whilst the film’s co-writer/actor Simon Pegg has spoken about the upcoming “Star Trek Beyond” film several times, Lin has kept […]

Gunn has said that Guardians 2 will avoid the bigger=better approach and instead lessens the number of characters in play compared to the original. Instead he plans to spend the runtime exploring the existing players deeper

Comment

First reported by Collider, filmmaker James Gunn has now officially confirmed the new title for the upcoming follow-up to “Guardians of the Galaxy”. Continuing on from the film’s mixtape theme, the new title sadly doesn’t give away anything further about the plot. In fact it simply adds one key word: Yes, the official title for […]

The final title of the sequel has been confirmed and yes it is the cheeky tongue in cheek choice in the thread title

Comment

The first official image is out of the cast, nothing spectacular about it except... ooh man, Groot!

Also, Kurt Russell is now confirmed

Comment

A rumour that Sylvester Stallone has joined the cast

Comment

bUmP!

We did Secret Cinema presents: Guardians of the Galaxy last weekend and it was a real blast!

Basically, set after the events of GotG1 you dress up in Ravagers attire and take part in the Clash of the Clans, where your team's colour competes to make the most credits to take the crown.
              I wore a leather jacket I found in a charity shop, some gardening kneepads sprayed green (my clan colour) and a camera strap, which had a sprayed green kid's elbow pad as a shoulder pad and the camera attachment to a bumbag around my leg. Oh and I had one of those SEGA Lock-On lazertag heads-up monocles that I won on eBay for 99p! So you don't have to spend a fortune to look the part and you don't even need to dress up, although I think you'd regret that.

As with most Secret Cinema events, there are loads of things going on at the same time and you're aware of other people doing something interesting too. We had to meet our clan leader and she told us to chat up a Novacorp soldier and get some info from him, win a limbo competition from the owner of a nightclub and win a pair of robot eyes to sell (higher or lower!).

Loads of other stuff just ends up happening whilst you're mooching around, like we haggled for credits with our "Terran treasures", but it was stuff like bubble bath in a test tube we said was "Pym Particles" or a plastic ring I claimed was the Queen's that I stole before she was buried with my fake - they were buying the story, not the trinket, to help you develop a character.
              My wife was trading and I was beckoned by a robot pole dancer and ended up singing "The Pina Colada Song" on the podium! I smashed it, but there were no cameras to prove otherwise...

After all of this, you end up in the same arena together to see the results, but (spoilers for if you're going)

The Collector turns up and he's put Peter Quill in one of his collection cubes! It's down to the other Guardians to save the day, with a little help from the Ravagers (you!). Gamora's flipping and fighting, Drax is having a sword fight and Starlord is flying and firing his blasters. Yondu is sending his arrows around!

After all of that excitement, you go and watch GotG2.
              Pros: There's a cool lighting effect on the ceiling for when there are explosions etc.
              Cons: Seats were crazy uncomfortable, food was overpriced and worst of all, there were no interactive elements like the previous Secret Cinemas I attended, like an actual Aston Martin driving around, a real poker table, pyros and parkour in Bond or the 360 degree show of Stranger Things.

The interactive part was brilliant, as usual, with some brilliant actors really adding to the flavour.

I'd deffo urge anyone with an interest in cinema, Marvel or LARP to attend as it's brilliant.

Side note: they've been bought out so it'll be interesting to see where Secret Cinema go next.

Comment

Working...
              X