James Garner - RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Garner - RIP

RIP my friend .. And thanks for Rockford ...

Hollywood stars including Sally Field and Tom Selleck pay tribute to actor James Garner, who died on Saturday aged 86.

Rockford was an awesome series which i only got into a bit later in life as I was a bit young when it first aired.
    Support Your Local Sheriff was an all time classic comedy western imo too.

RIP Mr Garner

Comment

Unlike most people, I'll remember him not for his live action films or Rockford, but for his voice work. Atlantis and God, the Devil, and Bob were great!

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
        Rockford was an awesome series which i only got into a bit later in life as I was a bit young when it first aired.
        Support Your Local Sheriff was an all time classic comedy western imo too.

RIP Mr Garner
        Yes Support Your Local Sheriff was a giant in its genre, Rockford was good too - though there were a lot of good series' around that time but Garner already being a big name made the difference I think.

It's time the Beeb stopped doing the ad-nauseum repeats of Dad's Army and put some of the series that used to be on Monday nights in the 70's, Petrocelli, Alias Smith and Jones, High Chaparral, Harry O and of course the mighty Kojak to name but a few off the top of my head.

Still, this discussion is about Jim - RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
          Yes Support Your Local Sheriff was a giant in its genre, Rockford was good too - though there were a lot of good series' around that time but Garner already being a big name made the difference I think.

It's time the Beeb stopped doing the ad-nauseum repeats of Dad's Army and put some of the series that used to be on Monday nights in the 70's, Petrocelli, Alias Smith and Jones, High Chaparral, Harry O and of course the mighty Kojak to name but a few off the top of my head.

Still, this discussion is about Jim - RIP.
          ITV4 are showing Kojak & Alias Smith & Jones on a daily basis right now if you're interested .
          Rockford Files may possibly get another airing as ITV4 seems to show quite a few detective shows inc Magnum PI.

Comment

I always think of the Ben Folds Five song "Battle of who could care less" when I hear Rockford Files mentioned:

And you think Rockford Files is cool
            But there are some things
            that you would change
            if it were up to you
            So think about your masterpiece
            Watch the Rockford Files
            Call to see if Paul can score some weed.

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
              ITV4 are showing Kojak & Alias Smith & Jones on a daily basis right now if you're interested .
              Rockford Files may possibly get another airing as ITV4 seems to show quite a few detective shows inc Magnum PI.
              Didn't know that, will look into it.

Ta.

Comment

Jim Rockford was my hero.
                RIP.

Comment

Yes, RIP.

I was never a massive fan of Rockford, but bought my Dad the first few seasons on DVD last Christmas for about a tenner a go from Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                  X