Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shipping from the states

Quick one guys

I've seen something on Amazon USA which is cheaper than UK and they'll ship to my address with postage/duty etc Item works out about ?75 all in

However I have family in the states and can save around ?30 sending straight to their address in Florida.

My question is can they send them to me for cheaper than the amount I'm saving? Will I incur any nasty charges later?

Thanks in advance

Entirely down to how heavy the item is... that is what will determine the shipping costs.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

you family can mark it down for you to escape customs whereas amazon wont

unsure if you know this but best buy do an international option where you can buy an item from them and they will ship it to an American zip code for you

Comment

Cheers guys, it was some ray bans. Ordered them to my cousins american address and she'll send them onto me after. I told her to it down for me? I'm guessing she should mark down the value as well? Or does she just need to mark it down as a "gift"?

Comment

If it's valued under ?35 then I think gift will suffice but mark it down anyway.

I would have her repackage it in a plain box and remove the invoice too.

Comment

Cheers mate, will do

Comment

Argh, so it still hasnt arrived

She sent it via normal US Postal Mail with no tracking number

Am I totally screwed guys?

Comment

When did she send them? (I presume this is your cousin)

Comment

She sent it like 3 weeks ago via UPSP, she finally got a tracking number off of them but it reads it can only be read in Canada? Spent 30 minutes on hold with their customer service in america only to give in and hang up.

Sh1t is f'ed up!

Comment

PN me the tracking number and I'll take a looksie.

Comment

I wouldn't give up hope yet. I have had items from the states take up to six weeks.

Comment

That's about average for Play-Asia when I don't get the tracking.

Comment

Surface mail is gone from UPSP now, so things shouldn't be taking as long as that to arrive, but who knows...

Comment

Working...
                          X