Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got it for my son, but my wife is pretty addicted. She's in the winter of her second year.

Comment

Dominions 5 on PC - it might not be a looker, but tactically it's a very interesting game.

Played through about four hours of Final Fantasy III which is a very hard slog. The amount of random battles and game over screens due to these battles having massively overpowered enemies is irritating enough to throw joypads.

Also went back to Age of Empires II HD which is still fun to play.

Comment

An hour or so of Splatoon 2 and an hour or so of Dark Souls III. Nothing else. Weather's too good to sit inside much.

Comment

Purely The Division this week.

Managed to snag some choice gear from the Dark Zone thanks to a rogue agent actually choosing to help me while the gear evac did its thing.

Then been enjoying the co-op missions and generally levelling up/expanding the base of ops

This is one of those rare game I feel could have been made just for me. It just ticks so many boxes.

Comment

More Import Tuner Challenge.
            I forgot to turn the music off and started to get a headache.
            It was fun again after that.

I'm beating most opponents now I have a decent car.
            Some of the Wanderer requirements are a bit obscure, so I'm having to fiddle with my car or get in one I've won just to race them.

It's still pretty therapeutic drifting around the Tokyo highway looking for people to race.

Comment

A bit more ARMS. Up to rank 16 now.

Comment

Finally got around to playing uncharted 4. It's uncharted. I've spent a lot of time doing nothing but watching. It's very pretty. Enjoying it a lot, good break from Dark Souls 3 and fallout 4.

Comment

Steamworld Dig 2

Put a surprising amount of time into this this weekend, the mechanics of the game progress really nicely as new abilities are added opening up new areas of the mine. I'm not generally a huge fan of this type of platform game, but the style and humour make this well worth checking out.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    Steamworld Dig 2

Put a surprising amount of time into this this weekend, the mechanics of the game progress really nicely as new abilities are added opening up new areas of the mine. I'm not generally a huge fan of this type of platform game, but the style and humour make this well worth checking out.
                    I'm still playing the first one on the 3DS. It's good for winding down before sleep.

It looks glorious in 3D as well, I bet [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]'d like it.

Must really get it done before Octopath hits.

Comment

Really hard to focus on gaming when the weather is so bad but over the last few days:

Yakuza 6 - Just to the start of Chapter 1, needs to be the big push game
                      ARMS - Mostly to see the additions since last year. Feels like a finished game more now but I still find the core gameplay pretty dull
                      Super Bomberman R - The controls of Bombermans movement don't always feel precise enough but it's not too bad a game even if seemingly one that will be shortlived

Comment

Finished the very brief Super Bomberman R which is pretty much Super Bomberman 7 dressed up visually. It's solid but there's not much to it.

Finished with ARMS as well, Nintendo has definitely bolstered the content up to what it should have been on release (no more Early Access jokes!) but I just find the gameplay too dull to stick with it for long.

After drifting off the PS4 version last year I dabbled with the Switch version of Crash Bandicoot Trilogy as well. The low resolution isn't actually that bad but I gave up quickly on the game as it definitely has input lag issues. I'll try the game one more time but it'll be the PC version.

Comment

I was having a lovely time on Import Tuner Challenge, then the 360 stopped picking up the pad.
                          I swapped the batteries and tried three other pads, but it still keeps dropping out.

I've ordered a Play & Charge Kit to see if it's happy wired, but I'll be sad if the 360 is starting to die.

Comment

Since I've finished Yakuza Kiwami, I've been playing a little RPG called Grand Kindgoms that was free on PS+ a while back. It's pretty cool so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              Finished with ARMS as well, Nintendo has definitely bolstered the content up to what it should have been on release (no more Early Access jokes!) but I just find the gameplay too dull to stick with it for long.
                              It's like any other fighter. You have to play it with people to get the most out of it.

That said the AI is devious on anything higher than 5*. Sometimes it plays like Tyson, other times it plays like Mayweather.

I'm back on with StarCraft II. Single-player gaming sends me to sleep these days, yet with the baby I don't have the opportunity to play anything that requires up to an hour of uninterrupted attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                                Since I've finished Yakuza Kiwami, I've been playing a little RPG called Grand Kindgoms that was free on PS+ a while back. It's pretty cool so far.
                                Are Grand Kingdom servers still live? The single player campaign is fine, but the real gist of the game is the multiplayer battles.

Comment

Working...
                                X