No announcement yet.

Yakuza 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the zombie spin off was dreadful...controls were my main gripe but it was really dull too.
    Would like to play another 'proper' Yakuza in English tho.

Comment

Sadly I have them all for PS3 but have only played Dead Souls. Will be correcting that soon enough.

Comment

I've yet to complete 4 and frankly I lost motivation with no announcements of 5 in the west. I'm not too bothered if we miss out on a spin-off or side story but I would like the main titles.

It just annoys me how so much crap get localised and true gems get looked over.

Whatever happened with all that research that showed Type-0 and Yakuza 5 was in high demand? SE took action! SEGA need to take action...

Hopefully fan translations will come about one day if its never localised.

Comment

I think it's just completely done in the west. It was fan interest that convinced Sega to belated resurrect the series over here with Y3 which worked for a short while. They won't do it twice though as the niche audience for the franchise is clearly to small to justify the release

Comment

They should just let NISA or Atlus USA localise it for PSN only then

Comment

Yakazua 5 is really good I finished it and enjoyed a lot. There was one ridiculous part where it does not tell you what to do or give you any clue even in Japanese, not sure why but besides that bit was great fun and the last section is epic. I'm sure some of the facial animations for cut scenes of PS4 will be astounding as already were brilliant on PS3.

Comment

Trailer released showing off the visual upgrade

Comment

Time to pre-order me thinks.

edit:
                  Damn! Not up for pre-order yet, and I just noticed I'd ordered the PS3 version of Kiwami not the PS4 one! Gah!
                  At least I can still get the exclusive demo of 6 with the PS4 version of Kiwami.
                  Last edited by kryss; 12-12-2015, 16:05.

Comment

Don't think it's that much of a visual upgrade myself

Comment

I would've liked them to move to a different city. Every one of the Yakuza games in the modern setting seems to be set in the same place for much of the game. By the time I get round to this after playing the others it's going to be quite tiresome to see all the same places yet again.

It does look like they might have finally updated all those animations carried over from the PS2 games and given you more freedom in control.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        Don't think it's that much of a visual upgrade myself
                        Perhaps a visit to specsavers over xmas, TA? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                          Perhaps a visit to specsavers over xmas, TA? ;-)
                          The In-game graphics don't look that much of a leap and its just yet more of the same , given the team only have a year to make it I guess its to be expected . Yakuza none gameplay parts always looked great and have done since Part 3 .

Comment

I started playing Yakuza 4 last night and that was my first foray into the series. I played through the first part with Akiyama Shun. I'm a fan immediately and can't wait for the next installments. 0, Kiwami and 6 all look amazing. I also hope Ishin would get a port but I guess I need to resort to import territory. It's already been almost two years since release.

I hear Yakuza 4 is probably the low point in the series but it's been good fun so far and I'm already considering importing and buying all of them! Woe is me...

I already bought 5 on PSN but the download took forever. I guess it's also odd that the first protagonist I'm introduced to is Akiyama, and not the main protagonist in the series.
                            Last edited by danholo; 14-12-2015, 17:26.

Comment

Eeeeeeeee that trailer looks amazing. I love the Yakuza games! 2 is my favourite, but I've not played 4 yet (or 5).

I've got new impetus to play now that 5 is out in English though. Great games that are just my cup of tea.

Comment

Wow the movement reminded me of the old tank controls for Resident Evil.

Is the combat like Sleeping Dogs? Never played a Yakuza game.....

Comment

Working...
                                X