Rhythm of Fighters - Android review review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhythm of Fighters - Android review review

69p gets you 24 snk songs to tap to Tatakae Ouendan game while SnK mainstays using kof11 aged sprites on high res backgrounds duke it out in a king of fighters styled bout.

The main problem for me is the beats happen regardless of hitting, missing or not tapping at all so it unrelated to anything you tap, it just reacts to your timing and make the fighters block, do combos and super combos depending on your scores chains, and it doesn't require accuracy on where you tap as long as it with the blue circle and in time (and/or swiping the right direction or holding down a press) which does let you see the action happening in the background.

You get 6 characters, 3 of which are a locked depending on points earned to open them up (or just ?? to get them quicker in the inapp shop), and the same goes for half the songs being locked up in arcade mode, clearing it opens up all the songs and gets strikers to load in as other characters for perks (like a free miss or get HP back when combo'ing)

Songs from looking in free mode are

kof'94 - esaka, esaka arranged (hero team theme)
    kof'96 - fairy (chizuru boss theme), get'n up (womens team), long-horned beetle (aof team), rumbling city (ikari warriors)
    kof'11 - pure (psycho soldiers)
    kof'13- stormy saxophone (yagami team) , KDD (K' team)
    ff2 - raiden theme, jubei, pangyago hoho (cheng), London march (billy)
    ff3 - big shot (terrys theme)
    RB2 - exceed the limit (ricks theme)
    AF3 - mojo (Roberts theme)
    AF2 - diet (yuri's theme)
    Samsho - banquet of nature (nakoruru theme)
    metal slug 2 - steel beast(bosses), living on deck, back to china, judgment(stage 1), final attack

rest are a mix of mainly pachinko stuff.
    cool cool toon, kamitama, sister quest, sky love 3, dragon gal 3, hyper musume

Sadly not a single bit of kof'98, still with the app shop I can see it would quite easily added new game collections to it.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Nice one for bringing this up, SNK have done some of my favourite bgm...have bought this but not played it...seems I had ?4.99 in my Google wallet for activating my Chromecast so it was free too!

Comment

I bought the iOS version but have found it a bit disappointing. (Especially coming from playing Metal Slug Defense, which is free and a much more interesting game.) Compared to other rhythm games it feels a bit shoddy and the interface looks quite ugly. They probably would have been better off using the XIII sprites at least to make it feel more current.

The fighting element feels a bit tacked on just to make it related to KOF, doesn't really add very much to it in my opinion. It could have been quite an interesting game, but I personally think that they missed the mark a bit with this.

Comment

Working...
      X