Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Stumbling across a BBC dub of the first episode of Urusei Yatsura. Amazing.
    Whoa whoa whoa. I feel we glossed over this.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      Whoa whoa whoa.
      Yeah, yeah, yeah. Do, do, do-do, do, dooo!

Comment

Found an old series of Celebrity Masterchef I haven't seen on some channel called 'W' I've never heard of. I *NEEEEEED* Masterchef in my life.

Only halfway through Ep. 2 so set it to tape entire series.

I am gonna be sorted for Masterchefs for a bit. Oh Yes.

Comment

Oh god just found out I can install my old digital 360 Dark Souls onto the Xbone.

Colour me with a second smile.

Comment

My Japanese google-fu skills.

The shoe cabinet in our flat uses these weird screws to prop up the shelves:

The sides of the screw are cut off so it can slide through one of the keyhole shapes in the cabinet’s inner walls. Then the cap is tightened and the shelf can be placed on top.

I somehow managed to find and order new ones online so I can add more shelves without resorting to McGuyver tactics

Comment

Handed in my notice at work today. When I leave I'll have worked in the industry for 29 years, and hopefully I'll finally be able to do something I enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                I'll finally be able to do something I enjoy!
                Exciting times

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  Handed in my notice at work today. When I leave I'll have worked in the industry for 29 years, and hopefully I'll finally be able to do something I enjoy!
                  All the best and good luck with that Colin, 29 is a long time. Really hope you find something you like and get some fulfilment from.

Comment

Good luck! It’s a big day!

Comment

Trying to empty the Sky box of disposable crap, found myself watching Celebrity Squares with the sign language guy gesticulating in the lower corner.

Tim Vine was on there and blasting it, in top form. I like Tim Vine and should really be a fan, the show was pretty generic but there was one point where he donned a mortar board with a tassel on that had me pissing myself, my eyes were streaming and it was so so silly and stoopid it was uncanny.

Serious proper laughage, I don't laugh much at much comedy anymore but that stupid mortar board gag had my eyes proper micturating pissy tears of joy.

Tim Vine. He's goooood.

Comment

Right near the start. Maybe it's just me but I was tittering like a loon.

Comment

As usual in our surgery, we have been battling with out air conditioning unit as it is so cold nowadays it doesn't give a good continuous heat, more too hot then stops or decides to just blow slightly warm air which I don't mind but it drives the dentist I work with crazy.

He was cranking the heat up as I popped out to the loo and when I came back he had a lady patient in the chair with her little boy sitting in the room. The room was boiling now.

When I arrived and was about to reach the computer...

Dentist: "Ah *Blobcat*, can you pass me the camera please?"
                          Patient: "Oh can I take my top off?"
                          Dentist: "Yes that's no problem..."

For 2 seconds the dentist and I were dumbstruck and caught each others eye trying not to laugh which was followed by the patient saying
                          "OH! Oh I meant just the one top...!" catching on what she just said. It was pretty funny and funnier trying not to laugh throughout the rest of the exam along with her kid's check up.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                            Trying to empty the Sky box of disposable crap, found myself watching Celebrity Squares with the sign language guy gesticulating in the lower corner.

Tim Vine was on there and blasting it, in top form. I like Tim Vine and should really be a fan, the show was pretty generic but there was one point where he donned a mortar board with a tassel on that had me pissing myself, my eyes were streaming and it was so so silly and stoopid it was uncanny.

Serious proper laughage, I don't laugh much at much comedy anymore but that stupid mortar board gag had my eyes proper micturating pissy tears of joy.

Tim Vine. He's goooood.
                            I love Tim Vine, he's just so silly.
                            I got his joke book for Christmas and it's packed with clever/stupid gags.
                            He's great live because you're about three jokes behind!

I've met him and he was a really lovely guy. Very genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I've met him and he was a really lovely guy. Very genuine.
                              It's almost like you're bating a 'never really know a writer/comedian until you've skated with them' response

Comment

Ha, I never claimed I really knew him, just met him!

Comment

Working...
                                X