• Show
Clear All

DOOM TEASER!

YEH!

Upgrade time!

Please be good.

Bethesda?? Urgh..

Comment

I hope this doesnt turn out to be like Doom 3 where it looks amazing but is merely average in the level design/fun factor

It needs to be like Rage meets serious sam, flash visuals, big meaty weapons and random loads of demon hordes with wicked level design chock full of secret doorways, levers etc.

Comment

Just over a month until we see this at Quakecon. Hope this pushes pc's pretty hard and looks good for doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          Please be good.

Bethesda?? Urgh..
          Ah don't worry this is from the id guys.

They've had some incredible talent working on this since day one so I'm expecting it'll impress.

Regarding Bethesda, they need to give the Wolfenstein ip to Raven. Zero ****ing clue who made the new wolfenstein but it seemed universally disliked.

Comment

THAT door opening noise.....

Comment

That trailer give me real goosebumps!

If iD can get the balance right between modern aesthetics, strong art design but wrapped up in a action / adventure gameplay then this will be something special. I don't envy iD but really hope they can pull it off.

Comment

I think they can, wools.

It's their engine, they've had the entire Rage team join them since whenever that was released. That's a **** ton of talent working on this game.

As Carmack said, when they announced Doom 4 the volume of CV's he received from industry vets was overwhelming.

Everyone wants to say they worked on a Doom game.

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                I know, right!?

I was ready to do an ammo count.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  I was hoping for the door sounds from the PlayStation port! Still, PC Doom is original.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                    If iD can get the balance right between modern aesthetics, strong art design but wrapped up in a action / adventure gameplay then this will be something special. I don't envy iD but really hope they can pull it off.
                    Sacrifice all of that for some proper level design and they will have my money and time.

Doom. The original survival horror (with a healthy peppering of action).

Comment

Have you fellows read the news to-day?

DOOM revealed (only to those in attendance) at Quake Con yesterday....

New engine- id tech 6!, it 'supports' 1080p/60fps, Is a reboot set on Mars, the gameplay sounds great- mix of old and new, plus double jumping and it's really bloody...

The new Doom game is set back on Mars, features Mortal Kombat style finishing moves, and uses the next gen only id Tech 6.

Comment

1080/60 should be nice Cant wait

Comment

It's rather brown.

Comment

Comment

its funny they said they wanted to show the fans to alleviate concerns......but not to everyone only the people at quakecon

I really really really hate the secrecy in gaming

Comment

Working...
                              X