Apple buys Beats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple buys Beats

Seems like this is true as a video of Dre celebrating becoming hip hops first billionaire is doing the rounds. At first i wondered what they where thinking of as apple already have a pretty bad rep for having naff headphones, so sticking some over priced bass heavy plastic headphones in with there phones is not gonna be a good move.

Reading more into it seems that they may be more interested in the music streaming service side of beats. Beats music may become the new hipsters music service of choice if incorporated into apple products, and marketed right, Spotify holds the lions share of streaming users and is currently worth 4 billion,

packing beats into laptops and phones hasn't really worked in the past look at the failed HTC venture or the HP laptop with beats audio mess.

I don't know why Apple would buy into a company that produces inferior products, other than the branding side of things - which is what matters when it comes to sale volume.

Oh well, maybe we'll see higher end products shipped with ear equipment that ridiculously overemphasises the low range.

Comment

Maybe they'll bring the quality of Beats to a level commensurate with their price?

Comment

I can't see how Beats fits in with Apple at all. Even if Apple just wants the streaming rights I'm sure those rights likely won't be transferable.
        Even music industry executives can't be that dumb.

Comment

It's all a bubble.

Comment

CMck, don't know, didn't you ever read about someone at MS thinking they owned Donkey Kong rights as they bought Rare?

Back to Beats, don't know why Apple didn't do their own headphones and streaming services and save a couple of billion.

Comment

Or climb into bed with a more relevant rapper (don't get me wrong, Dre is a damn legend) and again save billions.

Comment

Streaming rights have been acquired. Also they are not really buying beats for the headphones per say, they are buying the market share.

The cost of building that market share against Beats would surely cost more in the long run. I say it is a smart move as Apple have long been involved as the music source. If they can own Beats market share in headphones whilst wrapping their brand around it in a $8 billion market then its money well spent.

Comment

The thought of headphones with the bass of Beats and the leakage of Apple's pack-in jobs sends shivers down my spine. Probably would do it in a non-figurative sense also.

Comment

Intersting article re Beats Music only have 111,000 subscribers

A new screenshot shared by The Trichordist (via The Guardian) allegedly reveals that the Beats Music service had only about 111,000 subscriber...

Comment

Can't believe Beats employs 700 people, well won't do in a few months once Apple start culling

As part of its pending acquisition of Beats Electronics and Beats Music, Apple has begun making offers to Beats employees that will see roughly 200...

Excellent juvenile headline from one of the posters on that page

damn so this apple beats thing is sticking. The school boy in me still hopes for the headline. Apple Beats off Over Dre

Comment

Should of bought Bose instead.

Comment

Working...
                        X