H1Z1 (Sony Zombie MMO for PC & PS4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H1Z1 (Sony Zombie MMO for PC & PS4)

Time this had it's own thread as more and more info will come through hopefully soonish. Not sure if it's out this year or not, know it's coming to PC first then PS4.

Couple of snippets on the game from this link http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comment.../what_is_h1z1/

H1Z1 is a massively multiplayer game in which players fight for survival in a world where death is the only sure thing. The H1Z1 virus devastated mankind and left nothing but death and destruction in its wake and a world nearly empty of human life where the remnants of humanity are in a fight against extinction against those infected with the virus.

To use a simple reference I?m sure everyone interested in this game will get... we want our players to make Woodbury from The Walking Dead if they want to. Or take over a prison. Or fix an old car so you and your friends (yeah we have multiplayer vehicles) can run zombies and players over mercilessly, and revel in the sheer delight of hearing a zombie scream as you light it on fire, or craft a gun to take down your friends and enemies alike. Our goal here is to provide emergent gameplay that will allow our players to make the world their own the way they want to. One of the best things about H1Z1 being an MMO is the fact that with a lot of people playing, we?re able to see all different kinds of gameplay. If you prefer a quiet life as a farmer raising crops... we?re going to make sure your zombie apocalypse fantasy is complete. If you?re like me and you want nothing more than to kill everything that moves, by all means see how that goes. It?s going to be a blast!

Not sure how I feel about this though, not saying that I would part with any coin for a hat or something.

Sony Online Entertainment's upcoming zombie-centric release H1Z1 will allow players to loot items you purchased with real-world money ? but only temporarily.
    Sony Online Entertainment's upcoming zombie-centric release H1Z1 will allow players to loot items you purchased with real-world money — but only temporarily. Company president John Smedley took...

So basically an expanded version of DayZ .. Could work, will be a playground for griefers though.

If it was decent enough I amy even be tempted to get a PS4 for it.

Uses the PlanetSide 2 engine as well, so we know technically it should be solid enough.

Comment

I'm am 100% buying this. I've been debating buying a computer more powerful than Iraq so I could play DayZ, but now I don't have to.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

A baby mode of DayZ then, I should imagine. Considering DayZ is basically ARMA.

Comment

DayZ will come to consoles anyway

Comment

Day z, at a quality acceptable to console gamers, will never happen. Not even on pc.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              A baby mode of DayZ then, I should imagine.
              Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
              So basically an expanded version of DayZ ..

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                Day z, at a quality acceptable to console gamers, will never happen. Not even on pc.
                Why's that?

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                  Its an MMO version of DayZ, don't know where the 'baby' bit came from.

DayZ supports 64 players per server at most, assuming this will be similar to Planetside 2 in tech thats 2000+ players on the same server. Could be interesting, but as stated thats a hell of a lot of griefing going on.

Comment

DayZ supports 64 players per server at most, assuming this will be similar to Planetside 2 in tech thats 2000+ players on the same server. Could be interesting, but as stated thats a hell of a lot of griefing going on.
                    They need a piece of code that can identify serious grieving behaviour. Once Identified the game unleashes something like the anti piracy Scorpion in Serious Sam.

Comment

judging form the video above sony seems to have taken what makes dayz interesting and tried to ramp it up. to me this sounds more like a multiplayer version of state of decay when they start talking building safe areas and scavenging for materials, this could be very cool as look at dayz its still super janky and theirs not a lot to do in it but explore and hope you don't get shot and griefed by other players.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        Why's that?
                        Because I don't believe they can do it :-) Development progress is so slow it's ridiculous. The game is more broken now than it was 2 years ago. It takes them for EVER to do anything and they break stuff whenever they do. I believe the core Arma engine must be an utter mess underneath. Also the engine barely runs on the very fastest PCs and is heavily CPU bound. This game is destined to remain permanently in beta. It's a real shame but Dean Hall's vision has been picked up on by others and will be done better by them, and sooner.

This Sony one looks promising I must say.

Comment

It's consoles and Zombies, they will make it work just like they do on PC.
                          Game has shifted a total of 3.7 million copies on PC, between 2mil mod and 1.7 mil stand alone those are impressive numbers, so much that Bohemia expanded.

UPDATE 28/03/2014 23:50 GMT: Bohemia has been in touch to clarify that its new subsidiary Bohemia Interactive Slovakia,…

"In 2013, Bohemia Interactive opened a new studio in Bratislava, Slovakia - as part of the Czech company's portfolio of next-generation game development studios," it said. "The new studio is composed by former recruits from the successful Slovak studio Cauldron, and has acquired selected Cauldron's facilities and technologies."
                          Also Dean Hall gave a talk at EGX setting out a 2014 road map for the game and updates so it's getting the attention it deserves.
                          It is still an early access game, you get what you pay for. You pay a company to beta test for them, that's what you get.

Comment

Yes. I know all of that. I've been playing the game on and off for ages. I wrote this site's review of it and I loved it! None of that changes the fact that I don't believe they can make it to a level of quality acceptable to a console gamer. It's not in Bohemia's nature to develop games that way. Would love to be proved wrong but nothing I have seen from the current Day Z team makes me believe this will ever happen.

Comment

Its an MMO version of DayZ, don't know where the 'baby' bit came from.

I'm more excited by the prospect of vast number of zombies. It's one thing DayZ seriously lacks - the odd zombie walking about in the woods is ok, but I want Dead Rising no.s of undead in the cities

Comment

Working...
                              X