• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This would be good with Morpheus.

Comment

Holy crap yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        Yes. I know all of that. I've been playing the game on and off for ages. I wrote this site's review of it and I loved it! None of that changes the fact that I don't believe they can make it to a level of quality acceptable to a console gamer. It's not in Bohemia's nature to develop games that way. Would love to be proved wrong but nothing I have seen from the current Day Z team makes me believe this will ever happen.
        Behomia Slovakia as they are known now have take staff from Cauldron (around 25 staff total size) they will also be using tech from Cauldron. Now if we look at what Cauldron have been responsible for in the last five years, it all become obviously Day Z console edition will happen, especially if they are "part of the Czech company's portfolio of next-generation game development studios."

Cabela's Big Zombie Hunter=Day Z console edition.
        I'm sure that quality will be acceptable on consoles, probably more than the PC version.

Comment

If I play EDF at night and then go straight to bed, all I can see when I close my eyes is wasps and ants attacking me.

I dread to think the sleepless nights I've have playing a zombie game using Morpheus! :O

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            If I play EDF at night and then go straight to bed, all I can see when I close my eyes is wasps and ants attacking me.

I dread to think the sleepless nights I've have playing a zombie game using Morpheus! :O
            Having a party of friends together all using morpheus, you turn round just as your so called pal stabs you in the back and steals your pack to further his own survival

Comment

Day Z is likely to be a very different game on consoles then. Looks like they'll build it from the ground up (which is a good idea, I doubt that the Arma engine could be made to run with the full map sizes on a PS3). How soon is it due out? Soon enough to compete with the other survival games I wonder?

Comment

Coming to Steam Early Access in January,

Sony's zombie survival MMO H1Z1 launches on Steam Early Access on 15th January 2015."This gives us just enough time to …

This says it all, give it twelve months and I may be interested.

"Is H1Z1 going to be better than Day Z day 1? No it won't. We'll get asked that question a lot and I wanted to be up front about it," he said.

Comment

Question is, will it actually deliver what DayZ was supposed to deliver, and so far hasn't managed (and probably never will).

Comment

See the alpa on Steam has got off to a cracking start and refunds are already being offered.

Sony's DayZ-inspired zombie MMO H1Z1 launched its alpha yesterday on Steam Early Access, where it received quite the backlash.

Like a lot of massively multiplayer online games, the servers weren't up to snuff at launch and many users were plagued with login issues. Not exactly a rousing reward for those who just plopped down upwards of ?14.99 / $19.99 to play an early build of what will eventually be a free-to-play game.

While these issues are being ironed out, there's a bigger problem many folks have with the game: it includes arguably "pay-to-win" micro-transactions in the form or air supply drops containing guns and ammo. This was a big shock to a lot of people as president of Sony Online Entertainment John Smedley was so adamant last spring that it wouldn't allow players to purchase important items such as guns, food or ammo.

Complaints against airdrops were so commonplace that SOE is now offering refunds to anyone who feels misled by this form of monetisation. "If you feel like the airdrops are an issue for you, you may immediately request a refund to [email protected]," Smedley said on Reddit.

Smedley even said as recently as nine days ago that the airdrops were only cosmetic items. Twat.

Comment

I still can't get my head around the idea that people are paying ?15 to play a broken version, of what is going to be a free to play game.

Comment

The simple rule is to never, ever, ever believe that a freemium game isn't pay-to-win. Ever. Even when flat-out told otherwise.

The only exception is once the game is out and people are actually playing it.

Comment

Working...
                        X