Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamecube Component or Saurian RGB cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Cheaper to buy a Wii and an official Wii component cable..
    This.

And a piece of p1ss to soft-mod it with Homebrew Channel and GCBoot to run NTSC GC games with 480p goodness.

This is actually now my preferred set-up for NTSC GC games to the point that my Panasonic Q has been made redundant, especially as I can't afford don't have an official component cable for it.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 23-04-2014, 18:06.

Comment

Well, I'm happy with PAL60 on my Trinitron KX-14CP1 via official SCART.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        Well, I'm happy with PAL60 on my Trinitron KX-14CP1 via official SCART.
        Each to their own, but I'm never going back to SCART as far as GC games are concerned.

Never.

Comment

Once I went to LCD, I ended up converting a couple of cables back to component, was much happier :-)

Comment

So basically Component > Saurian Cable for everything? Obviously 480p is the best it can do but even for those games that don't support it, its still going to look better? Will a plasma/lcd with component cable look better than a saurian cable on a crt?

Comment

That would depend on your displays scaling, I would think the best possible picture from a Gamecube is PAL 60 over RGB on a CRT.

Comment

Surely the best possible picture would be 480p via component on a progressive-compatible CRT?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  Surely the best possible picture would be 480p via component on a progressive-compatible CRT?
                  My mistake yes, if you can find a 4:3 progressive CRT in the UK!

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                    That would depend on your displays scaling, I would think the best possible picture from a Gamecube is PAL 60 over RGB on a CRT.
                    Why would that be better than component? Because the tv won't be displaying at 480p but taking that and trying to upscale it to 720p/1080p?

Comment

GC via component looks far better on my Plasma than it ever did on my prog scan CRT via saurian RGB. Better colours I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Sack View Post
                        Why would that be better than component? Because the tv won't be displaying at 480p but taking that and trying to upscale it to 720p/1080p?
                        Yes because the TV has a higher native resolution than the image being output.

Comment

Well i guess that as my CRT is either likely to die some day or be binned its probably better that i keep the component cable that the RGB one. Do they still have any value or desirability?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Sack View Post
                            Well i guess that as my CRT is either likely to die some day or be binned its probably better that i keep the component cable that the RGB one. Do they still have any value or desirability?
                            Last I saw (very recently), official GC component cables regularly go on eBay for up to ?100, ?150 in some cases (mint-condition, etc.).

Comment

The Saurien cable has the components necessary for someone to turn it back into a component cable too mind..

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                GC via component looks far better on my Plasma than it ever did on my prog scan CRT via saurian RGB. Better colours I guess.
                                But the Saurian RGB cable wouldn't have given you 480p anyway. If you had the component cable on your CRT it would've been bettet than your plasma, trust!

Comment

Working...
                                X