No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzle Allowed Either! [PS Vita] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzle Allowed Either! [PS Vita] review

So free to play but limited of course, and right now you can't even purchase the pickaxes necessary on the PSN. So the game isn't even making any money right now.

However, I can't stop playing. If it wan't for the fact that you only get a certain number of picks per day, I wouldn't be playing anything else.

The idea is simple, use your pick to destroy blocks and line up 3 of the same monster. Those 3 then disappear and a single block of the next monster higher is left behind. The monsters released from the disappearing blocks are then unleashed into the dungeon to battle the heroes that have entered while trying to capture or kill Badman.

Perfect mobile game, I'm surprised it's not out for iOS or Android already. Fun and free with limitations.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Didn't even know this existed. I love this series and have the three PSP ones - actually bought a couple twice because I had the, originally on a US account. Much admit, the last one beat me. A free to play version? I'll have a look but I imagine it will just make me want to play the earlier ones. I don't yet know how the f2p model works in this so I'm curious!

Comment

Okay this is interesting. You're right that it's quite a typical mobile game. I appreciate that they at least didn't just strip the old Badman games to go pay to play and instead adapted it to make it different. But it's now a genre that, for me, was perfected with Puzzle Fighter and these days is massively tainted by the F2P thing - although I'm not quite sure yet what the limits are here yet.

The originals are really cheap and look perfect on the Vita so unless someone is a huge fan of these match squares games I'd recommend going for one of those.

Comment

Im playing this digital crack, bought the pack for unlimited goodness. Well its Pokemon Puzzle League which is one of the best puzzle games ever to copy, but with the Badman humour and creatures give that one more go, with RPG light elements, whats not to like. Talking of one more go, 5 hours later im still addicted to trying to get S+ ranks on levels and trying to finish the campaign.

Comment

I've just finished world 5 and am only playing for free. Otherwise I would have finished it in a day.

Comment

Yes Steven you would have finished the 1st campaign, but not Dark World. Your playing 3 levels then waiting 8 hours, your more a man than me, ive just got to play it, its too addictive. It only cost 5 quid for the infinite pick Steven why wouldn't you buy it? You can buy it seperate not the mega pack which gives you some underhand stuff but not necessary.

Comment

The $8 I would have been spending on it went on Rain and Guacamelee the other day.
              And it's 1 pick every 8 hours up to 3 max, so 3 levels every 24 hours.

Comment

Damn you bubbles...just lost my afternoon to this! Refused to move off world 1 til I had s-ranked every level!!

I was supposed to go out 3 hours ago

Comment

Ooops, its got you now, i was like that as well i said i'd play a few games before bed, as i said 5 hours later of visiting the mine to level up my monsters or trying to unlock a new warrior and boom 5 hours disappear. Don't do it kids, honest just say NO, i swear this game is just Digital Crack.

Comment

S rank or S+ Loftgoover?, cause ive S+ the first 3 worlds.

Comment

Only got the first 3 as S+ so far...will return with better monsters

Comment

You can really tell this is a ftp title at the end...the last level is ridiculous. Even with a few cheat items it is horribly unfair.

Comment

Working...
                        X