Trials Fusion (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trials Fusion (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC) review

I picked this up last night on the US PS4 PSN, and have been playing it this morning.

Impressions are very favourable. Its more of the same but it a good way. The style of the game is a near future tech vibe type feel. Music is heavily electronica/trance/light dub step influenced. And for me its the first Trials soundtrack I have not had to mute within the first 2 minutes of playing, although the menu music is a touch annoying.

Playing this on a PS4 controller after many many hours on a 360 pad was a surprisingly natural, the triggers do an admirable job of putting you in control and the tight thumb sticks really give you a lot of control.

The levels so far have been very open and spread out, with a lot of speed and excitement, I am sure the hair pulling balance and manoeuvring tracks are to come though. The tracks have a very clean look so far, less industrial, more future utopia.

Basically if you like Trials you will like this. Is it worth the higher price than previous titles? Not sure, I bought it without the season pass because I don't know if ill still be playing in a years time. But thats just me with games in general.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Do you get access to user created content without the season pass?

If so I'd question what value they plan to add with the pass. In Trials Evolution some of the user made stuff was incredibly polished.

Comment

How do you select online multiplayer ? I can only see local options when I go to multiplayer ?

Comment

There is no online multiplayer

Comment

On the back of the box it says 1-4 online and it was offered in the previous games , are you sure ?

Comment

Seems not .. Just confirms the game was rushed out of the door it seems.

Comment

They are patching it in later, which is funny especially if the retail boxed copy says 1-4 online multiplayer on back.
              They could get in some trouble for that.

Comment

They need some sort of patch my games crashed twice now

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                  They need some sort of patch my games crashed twice now
                  Quite a few people are reporting the PS4 version crashes when you press share.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    Quite a few people are reporting the PS4 version crashes when you press share.
                    This was in game just as I finished a course and got awarded a silver medal then it froze and when I reloaded it didn't give me the medal

Comment

I had that on the xbox one version. Got a gold medal time, but the clock didn't stop when I got to the finish line, just carried on ticking away as I watched the end of level animation. Then I had to do it all over again.

Do like the game, but it does feel a little clinical compared to the last two. Something's missing but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Comment

I've only done a few levels, but I've read quite a few opinions that say it is no way near as difficult as previous games. I can't comment on that as I'm not far enough in

Comment

Only got up to the 3rd world last night, but from what I've played so far, I dig. The one more go factor in beating your friends is always great. Meant to have a good Dark Souls II sesh last night, but foolishly bought this and DS went out the window Went to bed too late as well. School night!

Not had any crashes or any other problems yet.

Oh, on PS4.
                          Last edited by hudson; 17-04-2014, 09:54.

Comment

Played this quite a bit now, since downloading it yesterday (on Xbone). I also can't comment on it being easier than the other games, as I've only played the first two and a half sets of tracks (gold medalled everything though) and they're only easy and medium difficulty. Not noticed any major differences in terms of difficulty there though.

Fortunately, I haven't run into any bugs or had any crashes yet- it all seems to work pretty well. Presentation is definitely improved from the other games, and the change of music is quite welcome. I've got to say, though, I'm not particularly keen on the vaguely sci-fi/futuristic setting. I just don't see what it adds to the game. Like Evolution too, when there's lots of other stuff going on around the track, unrelated to what you're doing, it can be a little off-putting. Also like Evolution, sometimes, on your first go round a track, it's not immediately clear what you're supposed to be aiming for next, as there might be several obstacles or parts of the track that look like you're supposed to move on to, but of course only one of them is right. They could really do with paring the tracks back a bit, toning down all the bells and whistles and focusing on the trials again.

Like the two previous games, RedLynx have tried to inject humour into this outing. I say tried, as I just don't find it particularly funny. I'm guessing they've gone for a Portal 2-type vibe, sort of aping Half-Life a bit, but I just don't find it funny. It can also be a bit of a distraction when you're trying to concentrate too.

Handling and control feels basically unchanged, which is good news, and the core gameplay is all there fully intact. I can see me finishing this probably this week, though that'll depend on how hard the extreme tracks are. There's an achievement for Inferno III (150G I think), so I'm guessing that's going to be no walk in the park.

All in all, I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm not sold on the futuristic theme. As mentioned above, it does feel like something's not quite there - maybe it's ever so slightly soulless, presumably the Ubisoft effect - but deep down this is still Trials, fortunately. Just about to start the FMX/stunt stuff too, so maybe that'll lift it somewhat.
                            Last edited by endo; 17-04-2014, 10:17.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                              Only got up to the 3rd world last night, but from what I've played so far, I dig. The one more go factor in beating your friends is always great. Meant to have a good Dark Souls II sesh last night, but foolishly bought this and DS went out the window Went to bed too late as well. School night!

Not had any crashes or any other problems yet.

Oh, on PS4.
                              I ended up doing exactly that last night- played this, then had a Dark Souls sesh. That game is ruining my sleep patterns! (and this one'll presumably end up ruining my blood pressure)

Comment

Working...
                              X