Assassin's Creed: Rogue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assassin's Creed: Rogue

Still just a rumour but the announcement of Unity and its accuracy suggests this will follow up shortly. There's nothing yet in terms of setting, just the suggestion it's for current gen systems only such as PS3, 360 and presumably WiiU.

Personally, I'm expecting something similar to Black Flag to capitalise on the sailings popularity and keep dev costs down which I'd be disappointed with as despite the love it gets Black Flag is my second weakest series entry so far.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 05-08-2014, 15:49.

Really? I thought Black Flag could have been better if not as Assassins Creed game but certainly not the second worse AC game my main issue seemed to be the ending was pretty much abrupt. I actually think the first game is pretty poor but without it there would have been no others and Altair was a good character, three was just awful a bug filled mess and revelations was quite weak. I think Black Flag and Brotherhood are pretty good but probably enjoyed AC2 the most.
    Last edited by FelixofMars; 22-03-2014, 20:49.

Comment

AC2 is the stand out title in the series for me. Others have explored new things, added some extra fluff... But to me AC2 is the essence of what made the series great.

Black Flag is good but what it's missing in the whole AC mix is smart and challenging puzzle rooms. I don't think it had any apart from some simple and obvious navigation through some rooms. To me nothing beats entering the Duomo in AC2 trying to figure out the puzzle and realising the entire building is it.

They need to go back to their roots but keep some of the good ideas they've crafted into the mix as well.

Comment

i really just beg with ubisoft get rid of the whole future animus thing just give me a game set in the older time period

I find the whole sci fi aspect really immersion breaking .....and in the earlier games it was just a cheap way to get you to do the stuff developers wanted

Not played much of black flag but seems they cut it down a bit for that

Comment

For me AC1 was okay but nothing stellar, AC2 represented a big refinement and really nailed down the direction the series should be headed in, Brotherhood refined it yet more and was possibly my series peak, Revelations was a big step back and felt like the first real cash in entry, AC3 is falted and slow but comes together enough to be enjoyable, Black Flag focuses too much on a gimmick that is overly simple to support the runtime and largely abandons most of the structure and mission types that made AC what it was.

For me, AC should have always been essentially an open world period Hitman, instead we're up to it being an eavesdropathon boating trip. I'm hoping one of the 2 new entries gets it back on track.

Comment

I actually really liked 3. I felt it had a good story held together by great characters and made me keep coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
              i really just beg with ubisoft get rid of the whole future animus thing just give me a game set in the older time period

I find the whole sci fi aspect really immersion breaking .....and in the earlier games it was just a cheap way to get you to do the stuff developers wanted

Not played much of black flag but seems they cut it down a bit for that
              I'm totally with you on this. Nothing breaks the whole immersion of being a pirate in Havana more than being forcibly throw back to some modern-day hub every now and again. Skip all that please.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                I actually really liked 3. I felt it had a good story held together by great characters and made me keep coming back.
                No mention of the actual game there.

Comment

Reports suggest, low and behold, lots more sailing antics. This time in the Atlantic coastline.

Comment

Seems to be getting likelier as Ubi says AC is headed to current gen systems this year and we know AC5 isn't coming to them.

Comment

Apparently Ubisoft is finally readying itself to reveal the new and possibly final current gen entry

Comment

Seems as good thread as any to ask this. Did anybody play the DS assassins Creed games?

Comment

To be honest I'm surprised this franchise hasn't followed Comets.

Comment

What do you mean?

Comment

I think he means he is surprised the series hasn't bitten the dust, like the chain electrical retailer Comet.

Comment

Working...
                              X