No announcement yet.

Should I pour some love onto those dodgy Chinese Android handhelds [JXD]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been using my 7800b for a few days now and I'm enjoying it. Emulators seem a bit hit and miss but once fine tuned they run well. I've spent most time on the N64 emulator and playing Mario 64 on work lunch is nice, the PSP emulator needs tinkering but I think I've figured how to get the framerates fixed when I get time. The Snes emu I have is sketchy but I likely just need to replace it. Dreamcast emu works but it's definitely the upper limit of the handheld and a format likely best left to running on PC. Video playback is good too so all in all as long as the build quality holds up there's plenty to be catching up with on it.

Comment

Thanks for the insight, will probably give the GPD XD a miss. Don't want any faffing around with settings so will probably hang on (even a few years) until I can get something bang on.

Ta.

Comment

May not have to wait that long as I just spotted this news:

If the early 2016 date and that power stays where it should then this tablet should be able to emulate an og Xbox with ease as well as ps2. The benchmarks put it far in excess of anything on the market at the minute so let's se what happens.

Comment

Crikey, that's incredible, hand held Jet Set Radio might not be too far off!

Thanks.

Comment

It really does sound amazing. I started this thread around a year ago hoping for some on the go dreamcast japes and it appears that Nvidia are coming through.

I'm finicky with my emulation and like it to play perfect with no skips or glitches. The sheer power this has should be able to do something interesting.

Comment

No physical controls means GTFO as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

I'm more than happy with the fact that I can connect a dual shock or Xbox 360 pad up to it. That way it's at least got a decent controller (which is one area where these Chinese emulation stations often stumble) and you get a good sized screen.

Ideally it would be nice to have it all in one package for a truly portable experience but at the minute I'd be happy with this.

Comment

I don't really get that to be honest, why not just use a PC/laptop then? It's not like you're going to sit on the bus syncing a pad to a tablet to play a SFC game, are you? Or maybe you are!

Comment

Maybe I am... Maybe I am.

Or it could be that my laptop doesn't have enough grunt to emulate these things properly and I'm running a Mac so emulators are thin on the ground anyway. I know I could boot camp but I'm glad to be away from Windows.

Comment

Didn't realise at first glance it lacked physical buttons so for me I'd also leave it alone - but it certainly packs a punch and bodes well for another company to bring out something in the future with similar specs.

Comment

It makes sense they would use the same chipset in the portable version when that gets a refresh but for me the format does the job.

Comment

Maybe they'll update the physical one too:

Comment

Hopefully. In the interim I found a great compatability chart here:

One of the things. I liked so much about the original Xbox was how well it emulated everything up to n64. Looks like this is what will do it up to wii.

Comment

If something like the 7800b came out with the power to pretty much run all emu's at the price the JXD cost now, I might upgrade then. Possibly a couple more years but we're likely to reach that glass ceiling finally

Comment

This looks pretty cool:

Comment

Working...
                                X