No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like it might sell out fast like the Horizon and DeLorean sets did so if I ever get it it'll likely be and.... aliexpress job later

Comment

It’s such a small thing, I know, but I wish they had gone all out on the packaging and given it a real classic Transformers look. I do think he looks great. He’s basically about as perfect as o ever would have imagined a Lego Optimus Prime could be.

Comment

Lego does it again. Another one to add to the wish list. I must have over a grands worth of lego just begging to be bought now.

Comment

stuff sells out but lego restock the classic lego bat mobile was out of stock for ages but it came back and was widely available after a rush on it, same with the lego batwing, horizon set will be back and it’s in general release so will be in smyths games ect for a year or so after.
          Last edited by Lebowski; 13-05-2022, 07:04.

Comment

I do enjoy seeing the latest stuff posted in here (and moreso, people's builds), but I can't help but feel Lego have become the masters of weaponising nostalgia over the last few years!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              I do enjoy seeing the latest stuff posted in here (and moreso, people's builds), but I can't help but feel Lego have become the masters of weaponising nostalgia over the last few years!
              Their doing pretty well riding that 80s 90s nostalgia, Ghost busters, Back to the future, Tim Burtons Batman FIlms, Freinds, Simpsons, and now G1 Transfomers. Whats next for them An A-team van would fit with the (adult collectables £250+ cars) their doing. Kightrider maybe too.

Comment

Nostalgia is the new rock n roll these days and everyone's cashing in. But I can't knock Lego for being on the ball with what the peeps want. They're courting the kids and adults alike with some killer sets.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not knocking it. They're lethally effective.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    They're lethally effective.
                    Aren't they just. With Lego they already offer something nostalgic as a base product. Add a well-loved licence and you've got gold.

Comment

And they do such a good job of it!

One moment I'm happily browsing the internet, head full of candyfloss, the next I'm devoted to the idea of forking over £400 for a Lego Friends house. Because look at how well they've done it!!!

They've mastered the same thing of Nintendo, of being originally a toy company that now is able to appeal to the adult and kids market simultaneously in equal measure.

Comment

Completed the Tallneck recently. The build was a bit meh but the model is well designed. Not a keeper set for me though.

Then this weekend I started a build I wasn’t really expecting a lot from and it’s an absolute joy. Lower half of the London Bus is complete …

Comment

Van Gogh Starry Night Set. 2316 pieces. £150.

Last edited by Atticus; 17-05-2022, 13:55.

Comment

London Bus complete. Surprisingly engaging build and a great looking final model.

Next one’s a bit bigger. This is a set could never justify handing the cash over for but it came to me in a trade. Only thing is I’ll have to sort over 7500 loose pieces into type and find enough containers to put them in. Could take me up to Christmas this one

Comment

Haha, I love that the bus is going to 'Brickston'

Although I'm surprised they didn't choose Brick Lane! Brickston is more fun though.

Comment

The missus has said she wants me to wrap up buying Lego.

She'll give me two more passes though, one for if something good comes out relating to Indiana Jones and the other for... OPTIMUS PRIME?!?!? OMG!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X