User Tag List

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Lego Sites

Just to clarify, I've got no problem with Lepin (or other "Lego" brands) if they're designing and creating their own products. Like that dodgy looking stuff they've got in Wilko, for example.

The only issue is when a company steals Lego's designs and just makes and sells them on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by toythatkills View Post
    Just to clarify, I've got no problem with Lepin (or other "Lego" brands) if they're designing and creating their own products. Like that dodgy looking stuff they've got in Wilko, for example.

The only issue is when a company steals Lego's designs and just makes and sells them on the cheap.
    Yeah, Cobi is a good example of that. They do their own range of WWII vehicles that LEGO don't make.
    Ironically, it was VanPeebles' post about it that sent me down the rabbit hole of knockoffs, once I started searching for "alternatives to LEGO".

I'm assuming the R&D side of things is why there aren't a ton of original sets being made. The room to spin-off from Lego's modular releases is quite wide, I've seen a couple like this:

Which I think is an original design likely made up of existing pieces they use elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I think LEGO is incredibly overpriced.
    I don't agree with that. I think it's what quality costs. And Lego is a quality product in every way.

How many other kids toys are as durable, lastable, adaptable? Our kids have mine and my wife's childhood Lego mixed in with their 'gen-pop' boxes. It just lasts because it's well designed and well made. And like the old strapline said: it's a new toy every day. That's great value for money Imo.

Costs rise with licenced sets but they're what saved the company back in the 90s. And like the big licences the big-buck sets seem to sell very well. If Lego are courting the adult market more these days it's because the market wants it. But they don't neglect the kids, their bread and butter.

Like ttk I'm fine with knock-off Lego doing its own designs and stuff, but the copying of proper, currently on sale sets is so blatant it seems wrong to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    I'm assuming the R&D side of things is why there aren't a ton of original sets being made. The room to spin-off from Lego's modular releases is quite wide, I've seen a couple like this:

Which I think is an original design likely made up of existing pieces they use elsewhere.
    I wouldn't be surprised if other modular designs like this are lifted from the Lego Ideas site.