True Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Detective

What a amazing series 5 episodes so far and really think its brilliant, episode 4 was like GTA funny and brutal, best series since lost for me.

It is great yes.

There was some chat about it in the General TV show thread, but guess the show's popularity will pick up now it's started on Sky Atlantic.

Comment

Best thing on TV at the moment! Just about to sit and watch episode 6.

Comment

yeah i just about to watch ep 6 too, what did you think of the gradual improvement in episodes?.

Comment

Episode six was great, again.

I know what you mean about the gradual improvement, however I suspect most of that is the time in getting used to the format and characters.

Comment

So is it worth watching? Heard about it and the casting seems well made with the names involved. Will have to get on some of the episodes soon.

Comment

You'll get an idea from the first one or two episodes if you're going to like it or not to be honest.

There are only 8 episodes in total.

Comment

It's a wonderful show and definitely worth watching. It is however, dark and sombre and I know a few people who (rather naively) thought it was gonna be the typical US cop show (I guess going on past movies of the two leads)...it isn't, but it is possibly the greatest TV show on air at the mo'.

Comment

If its 8 episodes total I may wait until they have all aired and then watch them together if I can get hold of them. If its something I enjoy I could easily watch it in 1-2 sittings and see what I think. Tbh, with Harrelson and McConaughey involved, how can it be anything but good?

Comment

I think this is my all-time favourite thing from TV, and it's not even done yet.

Comment

Yeah, its bloody good aint it.

Comment

Watched episodes 5, 6 & 7 last night, so totally up to date now and look forward to the season finale next Monday.

Great show in every way.

Comment

Anyone want to write a few lines on what the shows premise is?

Comment

Basically it's about two detectives who investigated a serial killer case 16 years ago, explain what happened during the case by flashbacks so it cuts between the past and present time but also involves their private life and the polar opposites of both detectives

It's weird because I'm also upto date and without spoilering I can say much more about what's involved and how the story unfolds albeit not a spoiler but it would ruin it as not is all as it seems

But the action is good, quite graphic in places and in episode 4 it's something out of grand theft auto when one of them is undercover which I thought was done incredibly well

The young versions of the main characters are done so well and look great especially when you see the older versions so make up or special effects are good, just a shame is so short as I didn't know the season finale was next week

Comment

Anyone else seen the season finale yet? (Ep 8).

Comment

Working...
                              X