No announcement yet.

True Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a synopsis out for S2 yet? The trailer makes it look like an internet spoof called Staring Detectives

Comment

Ha, they just released one

Following this morning’s dialogue-free first trailer for the second season of HBO’s “True Detective,” more information and details about the new season have emerged. First up, for those asking, the trailer music has been revealed to be a new original song sung and co-written by Lera Lynn, co-written by country music superstar Roseanne Cash, and […]

"A bizarre murder brings together three law-enforcement officers and a career criminal, each of whom must navigate a web of conspiracy and betrayal in the scorched landscapes of California.
      Colin Farrell is Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective in the all-industrial City of Vinci, LA County.
      Vince Vaughn plays Frank Semyon, a criminal and entrepreneur in danger of losing his life’s work, while his wife and closest ally (Kelly Reilly), struggles with his choices and her own.
      Rachel McAdams is Ani Bezzerides, a Ventura County Sheriff’s detective often at odds with the system she serves.
      Taylor Kitsch plays Paul Woodrugh, a war veteran and motorcycle cop for the California Highway Patrol who discovers a crime scene which triggers an investigation involving three law enforcement groups, multiple criminal collusions, and billions of dollars.
      "True Detective" Season 2 premieres Sunday, June 21st on HBO."

Comment

Anyone starting on season two yet? seen a few reviews saying it's not up to the level of season one, which was to be expected really, bar was set high, and it's bound to take a few episodes to hit it's stride.
        I'll wait until I have a few episodes stacked up before I dip in.

Comment

I have only watched the first two episodes. So far, I love that it is so different. I love the atmosphere, although it feels very bleak and depressing without any equivalent of Woody to lighten it up. But the first episode had way too many threads and it only really started to feel like it was starting to go somewhere right at the end of ep2. It gives us a huge amount of points of view, which I'm not sure is a good thing. But there is already a lot to enjoy and I'm looking forward to seeing it build.

Comment

S2 has a different feel much like the differences each season of The Wire. It is watchable and does appear to be improving and unfolding well.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
              Anyone starting on season two yet? seen a few reviews saying it's not up to the level of season one, which was to be expected really, bar was set high, and it's bound to take a few episodes to hit it's stride.
              I'll wait until I have a few episodes stacked up before I dip in.
              Watched episode 3 the other night. I'm really enjoying it so far- the naysaying bothers me a lot, as it seems that a programme has to prove itself in the space of two episodes to be deemed worthwhile now. No chance for a slow burn with hypersensitive networks constantly gauging audience reception and people springing onto the Internet to write something off if it's not immediately satisfying.

Comment

Yep, I agree with that. Also I think a lot of that comes down to rejecting anything slightly different, which for me is what makes this interesting.

Comment

HBO will follow-up its stellar 2017 with what looks like a drought in 2018 ahead of a monsoon of premium content in 2019. Appearing on the Television Critics Association press tour today, HBO network president Casey Bloys confirmed that audiences shouldn’t expect either the second season of “Big Little Lies” or the third of “True […]

HBO have set True Detective Season 3 for 2019

Comment

2nd series was such an immense fall off in virtually every aspect that made the first one so good. Story, chemistry, direction, visual, everything. It was dripping with wack juice but will still check the third as I'm optimistic like that.

Comment

Wonder if Nic Pizzolatto is back on board for S3 ... 2 was so disappointing.

Comment

Yep, he's back and is co-writing the season and directing several of the episodes

Comment

Funny that the purge cut this thread off before I had got far enough in to accept that series 2 was going nowhere. It was very, very poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            Yep, he's back and is co-writing the season and directing several of the episodes
                            Great news, absence was most certainly felt in series 2. Red Dwarf was the same when Grant and Naylor were at the helm it was dope but just one can't pull the weight.

Comment

In an unexpected bit of news, “Green Room” helmer Jeremy Saulnier has pulled out of directing duties on the long-delayed third season of HBO’s “True Detective”. Saulnier was hired as director and executive producer and was set to split helming duties with show creator Nic Pizzolatto (making his debut) across the entire season run. However, […]

Jeremy Saulnier has pulled out of Season 3 at the last minute. Scheduling issues are the blame however speculation is that S2 issues are mounting again

Comment

Trailer for Season 3 which will launch January 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X