No announcement yet.

True Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the finale on Monday night....wow! It was immense! Such an amazing TV show, probably the best I've ever seen.

It was so gritty and dark, and the deep South setting was suitably eerie. Wonderful and highly recommended.

Looking forward to what they do with Season 2, which will have a totally different setting and a new story arc with (rumour has it) 2 female leads.
    Last edited by Spooky Mulder; 12-03-2014, 10:31.

Comment

Yes lots of continued suspense in the finale, and a good ending.
      The whole thing from the wiritng to the cast to the filming was great really.

Not sure a second season will live up to it with different lead characters (be them male or female) but I will certainly be tuning in.

Comment

Watched episode 4 last night (just on the Sky Atlantic schedule). Can't get enough ... best show to come along in ages.

Comment

Colin Farrell confirms he's one of the leads in Season 2

Comment

Ah, could be worse, shame we'll have to wait 12 months to see it mind you.

Comment

Hard act to follow. Season 1 was epic. Some of the best TV I've ever seen.

Comment

Yes a few scene's were fantastic, were rumours of them using two female main characters this time around, maybe that's on the back burner or they'll be one male one female.

Comment

HBO has confirmed rumors that Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn have scored leading roles in the second season of their acclaimed crime series “True Detective”. Farrell will play a police officer embroiled in a conspiracy following a murder. His loyalty is tested between a corrupt department and a crime lord who controls him. Vaughn will […]

So, all to happy to keep passing through the updates on this, but I was always on a knife edge with seaosn 2 as I made clear enough in the Watching thread as whilst it had its moment (that tracking shot mid season 1 was all sorts of awesome) I found S1 to be largely overrated. So, the fresh approach would decide my trying S2 out.

I'm alright with Farrell, he's warmed on me of late via his lighter turn in Fright Night, solid enough role in Total Recall but mostly in his surprisingly well done and warm turn in Saving Mr Banks. HBO has announced though that the second of the three main characters will be portrayed by Vince Vaughn. Hell no from me, he's like a visible human reaction command to press the off switch.

Comment

Keira Knightley now also rumoured to be a female lead option...

Comment

Potentially going for the juggular for me then, they really don't want me to try it out

Comment

They got the first series so right that I have to trust they know what they are doing...but....yeah. Vince Vaughn.

Then I do remember hearing the Breaking Bad creator say that comedians are often make the best actors, so maybe Vaughn has a secret ability to not act as Vince Vaughn,
                        Farrell I can cope with, I think that's good casting so long as the script is right..

Comment

There are four leading roles in the second season of HBO’s “True Detective” with Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn confirmed for two of them. The other two haven’t yet been confirmed by the network, though at this point both Taylor Kitsch and Rachel McAdams are essentially set for the parts. Speaking with Ad Week, Taylor […]

Taylor Kitsch comes close to confirming he's number 3 of the 4 main characters

Comment

Rachel McAdams is now official and so is Taylor Kitsch

Comment

Good stuff, guess it's still a long way off as sounds like filming has just started.

Comment

Season 2 Trailer:

Comment

Working...
                                X