No announcement yet.

Facebook to buy WhatsApp for $16 billion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are definite drawbacks Charles. I use Google Hangouts/Gchat myself these days but found myself moved to defend the benefits of WhatsApp :P

Comment

I guess that the privacy aspect of Whatsapp explains why your data isn't backed up. In that respect it's just like SMS.

Comment

I use it all the time for sorting out nights out etc and sharing group messages. I also periodically back up my messages onto my PC by dragging and dropping the whatsapp folder. Android only I think.

Comment

Yeah, as if Apple would give the user that much freedom to do something useful. Dream on.

Comment

Key thing with WhatsApp is that it was one of the first apps to do this kind of thing that was up-to-standard in terms of ease of use/quality, AND was cross-platform.

It's basically iMessaging but for Android users too.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
              Yeah, as if Apple would give the user that much freedom to do something useful. Dream on.
              iPhones automatically backup whatsapp messages to iCloud.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                It's basically iMessaging but for Android users too.
                Of course Samsung users are able to use the incredibly popular "ChatOn" messaging system!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
                  I use it all the time for sorting out nights out etc and sharing group messages. I also periodically back up my messages onto my PC by dragging and dropping the whatsapp folder. Android only I think.
                  Cool. Are you running Samba on your Android? It's awesome. It just appears as a folder on the PC without me having to connect it or anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X