Most expensive manual ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most expensive manual ever?

Ho-lee crapballs... I have this btw hah hah... I wonder if it'll go through...

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

What the heck?

Also I heard about a Bram Stoker's Dracula in Finnish selling for a lot recently on the 8-4 Play podcast.

For some reason, the typed, un-illustrated manual, in Finnish, for Bram Stoker’s Dracula on the NES is a very desirable collector’s item. Finland’s equivalent of eBay currently has a listing for one, where it’s been bidded up to the equivalent of about $US1200. NeoGAFer PetriP-TNT found the listing today, noting that the Finnish Dracula Manual […]

Comment

It was the manual to the Starwing Challenge cartridge, the one used for the contest back in 1993. Aka the Starfox Weekend in the US. This is the only other copy I've seen aside from the one I own.
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Bizarre- the seller's in Donaghadee, a small place in NI, but coincidentally my folks live there. I'll have to ask my brother if he knows who this is, SNES rarities not being exactly thick on the ground there, as you can imagine.

Comment

Just wait until the counterfeiters start making copies of that manual. It already looks like a homemade job. Ebay is awash with fake boxes and manuals and nobody seems to care.

Comment

Not a bad piece of gaming history, yet I do wonder if it really should be worth that much as I'm sure it's possible to manufacture one which looks like an official manual.

Comment

Do you still have the manual ?

Comment

Do you still have the manual ?

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                Ho-lee crapballs... I have this btw hah hah... I wonder if it'll go through...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1813129035...84.m1423.l2649

Comment

Even if I won three lotteries in a row, I wouldn't pay that for a manual.

I wouldn't pay for a manual full stop. I'd Google it.

Jesus H Grapes.

Comment

Surprised I didn't see this thread before....4 years ago.

Is there much of market for game manuals, cart stickers/labels and box reproductions? Because my best mate has his own printing business with some major professional equipment and other funky stuff.
                    He is always asking me to throw work his way and this could be a good opportunity to work along side him.
                    Last edited by Solar; 13-02-2018, 14:55.

Comment

The amount of people bootlegging retro games these days (and eejits willing to buy them) would suggest yes.

Comment

They don't call it bootlegging anymore, they use the fancy term of reproductions for their janky pirate carts.

Comment

Weird isn't it how the game changed like that. I said similar on the everdrive thread and how piracy has had a makeover of sorts due to insane pricing that eBay bought to the fore. Ol "genuine imitation" ass fools.

Comment

Working...
                          X