MCU: Captain America 3: Civil War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this forum

Debating whether Spider-Man can see through his mask because the eyes narrow Rather than he is a guy who can spin webs from his hands/wrists

Brilliant

Comment

Unless his superpower is shifting his eyes across his face, it's relevant! The webs are part of the premise. Drifting eyeballs aren't. This is really important stuff, dude. In days gone by, entire nations would go to war over this sort of thing.

By the way, seeing it in higher-res made it look better to me: http://s3.birthmoviesdeath.com/artic...yhiresfull.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
        Debating whether Spider-Man can see through his mask because the eyes narrow Rather than he is a guy who can spin webs from his hands/wrists
        It matters, in this case, because the Spiderman franchise seems to go hand-in-hand with film-makers "having enough rope to hang themselves". It leads to ****e like the "stopping the train" scene or "holding up the building" scene in the prior movies.

Comment

Okay, due to the vital nature of this particular topic, I checked the image against some images of the human face and, yeah, pretty sure he can't really see out at the end of that shot.

Actually, sorry guys. I'm wrong. I was just using the wrong faces. Got it working now and also managed to get our first look at him under the mask:

Last edited by Dogg Thang; 11-03-2016, 11:40.

Comment

It's totally going to end up being some kind of mechanised lense system that zooms what Parker is looking at that will be built for him by Stark. They really need to nail Spiderman though, if the missus is anything to go by tolerance for rebooting that character is at breaking point

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              It's totally going to end up being some kind of mechanised lense system that zooms what Parker is looking at that will be built for him by Stark. They really need to nail Spiderman though, if the missus is anything to go by tolerance for rebooting that character is at breaking point
              I do feel that it has affected public perception of the character. Speaking personally, I'm not a comics afficionado, but in the 90s I feel Spiderman just was Marvel. He was a completely inseperable from the brand.

These days when I think of Marvel, I immediately think of Iron Man and Captain America, then maybe the X-Men and Spiderman is way back.

Comment

Yep, I suspect that's pretty common. When I was watching the trailer, my wife reckoned that it was pretty lame just bringing in superheroes from other properties. This is just Batman vs Superman again and why bring in Spider-Man? Don't they have enough heroes of their own? At which point I obviously had to explain that Spider-Man is Marvel but the movie rights have been split. But in her mind, Spider-Man is still the Tobey Maguire series and this only had a negative effect on the Captain America movies. Of course, this is the polar opposite to most of the internet yesterday who were cheering at the sight of Spider-Man with the Avengers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Spider-Man is still the Tobey Maguire series
                  Yeah, I still think that no matter how much Sony want Spiderman films to do MCU numbers, they need to "park" the franchise for a generation. We're talking 15 years, minimum. Every failed attempt lengthens that duration.

Comment

Given Spiderman is now part of the MCU, if this latest incarnation doesn't work out Sony should hand back the keys. The MCU aspect should support it but their plans for Venom etc suggest the bad mindset there still persists

Comment

My feeling is still scepticism about this whole thing. I think, given Marvel's hits, they could make a fantastic Spider-Man film. But it should have been an entire Spider-Man film. And yet, even then, they are still dealing with a tainted character. I agree with Asura that a break would have been the way to go.

But this way, I think Spider-Man could just get lost in this movie. How can he be anything other than just another superhero in a very packed Marvel universe that, as it happens, has brought us some incredibly strong iconic characters that are hard to compete with? Had they not told us he would be in it, had they not shown him in the trailer and it was this total surprise moment in the movie - that could have had serious impact. That impact was used up yesterday when they launched that trailer and used him as the still image. It's done.

I don't think it's going to negatively affect the movie at all, and I think it's going to do really well (with or without Spider-Man) but I'm still struggling to really see the merits of what they are doing here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Unless his superpower is shifting his eyes across his face, it's relevant! The webs are part of the premise. Drifting eyeballs aren't. This is really important stuff, dude. In days gone by, entire nations would go to war over this sort of thing.

By the way, seeing it in higher-res made it look better to me: http://s3.birthmoviesdeath.com/artic...yhiresfull.jpg
                        Yeah you can really see Deadpool better in that pic

Comment

Working...
                        X